Will he attend or not?.. A question comes to the minds of the British strongly, whether Prince Harry and his family will attend the inauguration ceremony of his father, Charles, as king of the United Kingdom, but media reports said that he made “6 demands” to the royal family, specifying the answer to the question.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were invited, among the two thousand people who will be in Westminster Abbey, during the coronation ceremony, but they have not yet announced whether they will attend or not, especially in light of the deteriorating relationship between Prince Harry and his wife, former American actress Megan Markle, and the royal family.
The relationship collapsed dramatically after the memoirs published by Prince Harry in his book “Spear”, in which he directed harsh criticism of his family.
According to media reports, the demands that Harry made to attend the coronation ceremony of his father, King Charles, included:
The roles of Archie and Lilibet
- Although they are the grandchildren of the new king, and his accession to the throne means that they will take their titles as prince and princess, it is believed that Harry’s children, Archie and Lilibet, were not invited to the coronation ceremony.
- Sources stated that it was because they were “too young”.
- While their surnames now match those of their cousins, it is believed they weren’t asked to attend, but Prince George, Princess Charlotte and possibly Prince Louis (Prince William’s children) will be there.
- One of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s biggest problems is that the coronation date (May 6) is their son Archie’s fourth birthday.
- It is believed that Harry and Meghan are keen to attend the inauguration because it is an important event for the family, but they would like to have some recognition for their son’s celebration, according to what the source told “OK”.
- Harry and Megan also fear that posts related to their son’s birthday will be flooded on social media that day, overshadowing the inauguration events.