A similar incident involving a Linky occurred a month ago in the same city.
The Monde.fr with AFP
• Updated the
A meter of Linky, installed outside a butcher shop in Châlette-sur-Loing (Loiret), caused a fire without causing injury, a month after a similar incident involving a Linky in the same city. The Counter-Reformation took place on Friday November 9th at noon, according to firefighters and police, confirming the information from the Central Republic.
"The origin of the fire would be accidental", a police source told AFP. The owner of the premises of the "Boucherie du Center" he indicated his intention to complain against Enedis. His new meter was installed three months ago, in his absence. The videos made by the witnesses show the smoke counter. We see that the fire starts with a crackling, then a black smoke and finally flames.
This is the second time in less than a month that a Linky counter is involved in a fire in this city of about 13,000. On October 13, a counter placed in a pavilion for fifteen days had "Exploded", according to the words of its owner. The pavilion had been badly damaged and its two inhabitants, a retired couple, were evacuated. "An electric meter can not explode or ignite spontaneously"Enedis said.
To date, there is nothing to determine the origin of the fire. A service officer at the Enedis Center-Val de Loire said he was waiting for the results of the survey. "The meters have been tested in the laboratory and do not explode, there is no breath effect", said this picture, stating that only "2% of electric fires in France are due to table counting, a figure that has not changed for years".
Installed at the rate of 30,000 a day, green anise counters now provide 11 million households. The legislator requires Enedis, a subsidiary of EDF, to cover the territory, ie about 35 million meters by 2021. To date, 91,000 meters of Linky have been installed in the Loiret.