A Seattle woman died using tap water to wash herself - El Nuevo Dia.com


Seattle – A woman living in Seattle died of an unusual amoebas infection in her brain, caused when she tried to wash her nostrils with tap water, the doctors said.

The 69-year-old woman died in February after a brain operation at the Swedish Medical Center. His doctor told the Seattle Times that "there were amoebas everywhere, eating their brains".

According to a study published in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases, doctors believe the woman was infected when she used tap water to wash her nostrils.

Experts recommend using only distilled or sterilized water to disinfect the nasal cavities. Tap water can contain microscopic organisms that can be drunk but which can survive in the nostrils.

This type of infection is extremely unusual. There were only three cases in the United States between 2008 and 2017.

.

Leave a comment

Send a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.