In the coming hours, access to the electronic system “Census 2021” and all systems and sites of the National Statistical Institute will be difficult or impossible, according to the institute. The problem is in a series of “Denial of Service” attacks with traffic over 250 gigabits per second. Teams from the responsible institutions take technical and technological measures to restore the services. All data of people who have been counted electronically so far are protected, the NSI said, apologizing for the inconvenience.
Last night the NSI sent the same message – that access to the electronic system “Census 2021” and all systems and sites of the National Statistical Institute (NSI) will be difficult or impossible.
There were two hacker attacks on the first day of the census (September 7), when the data are filled in online, said yesterday the deputy chairman of the National Statistical Institute Diana Yancheva, quoted by BTV. The first was yesterday around 11 o’clock with Sweden source, and the second was detected at 7.30 pm and came from China. In both cases, the counting system did not stop completely, but there were difficulties in entering the data because parasitic traffic was generated. In the evening attack, he was seven times stronger than in the morning.