Munich „Bayern“ UEFA Champions League Group C away matches 3 – 0 defeated „Barcelona“ football players and secured the title of winners of this group.
• After defeating Barcelona, Bayern recorded their fifth win in the Champions League and secured the title of Group C winners ahead of the final round.
• This is the first time Barcelona have missed the Champions League knockout stages twice in a row since 1997/98. and 1998/1999 seasons when this happened under the leadership of the Catalans under Louis van Gaal.
• Bayern star Sadio Mane has already scored against five Spanish football clubs in the Champions League.
• Barcelona have lost 10 of their 12 matches against Bayern in the Champions League, including the last six in a row.
Alphonso Davies made a pass into the penalty area in the 4th minute, but failed to create a threat to the opponent’s goal. Sadio Mane put the ball into the far corner after 10 minutes to give Bayern a 1-0 lead after a fine pass. Ousmane Dembele lifted the ball off the corner post in the 14th minute, but Sven Ulreich headed it wide of his own goal. guarded goal. Alejandro Balde’s shot in the 25th minute was successfully blocked by an opponent to keep the match score unchanged. Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting disarmed the goalkeeper with a great shot in the 31st minute to double the advantage of the German club to 2-0. Robert Lewandowski scored a free kick in the 39th minute sent the ball towards the goal, but the latter hit the “wall” made up of players. At the end of the first half, the Polish footballer fell in the penalty area after contact with an opponent, and the referee awarded an eleven-meter penalty, but he canceled this decision after a VAR review.
Serge Gnabry made a shot from a long distance in the 52nd minute, but the ball was successfully blocked by the opponent. Sergio Busquets made a long-range left-footed shot in the 53rd minute, but the ball went well over the opponent’s goal. After stopping the ball in the 55th minute, S. Gnabry sent the ball into the goal with a wonderful shot, but the referee recorded an offside and did not count the goal. Noussair Mazraoui made a pass into the penalty area in the 64th minute, but the Catalans defended confidently. Ansu Fati took a shot to the near corner of the goal in the 70th minute, but the latter was very inaccurate and could not be scored. The ball hit by S. Gnabry in the 80th minute ended up in the hands of the Catalan goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen. Benjamin Pavards also added his own goal in the match in added time to make the score 3-0.
• If Inter fail to beat Plzen, then Bayern will already be the group winners before the match against Barcelona starts. Otherwise, Julian Nagelsmann’s side will need to beat the Catalans to secure top spot in the group.
• After Barcelona suffered a 0-1 defeat and a 3-3 draw with Inter Milan, the Catalans’ fate is no longer in their own hands. If the Italian club defeats Plzen, then Xavi’s team will no longer have a chance to qualify for the playoffs. However, even if the Czechs end the meeting with Inter in a draw or win, Barca would not be out of trouble. The Catalans would still end their run in the Champions League if Inter beat Bayern in the final round.
• The next Group C meeting between Inter and Plzen will start at 19:45, which means that the Catalans will already know their situation before the match against Bayern and whether they still have a chance to advance to the next stage.
• It would be the first time Barcelona have missed out on two consecutive Champions League knockout stages since 1997/98. and 1998/1999 seasons when this happened under the leadership of the Catalans under Louis van Gaal.
• Bayern have won their last five meetings against Barcelona in the Champions League, scoring 19 goals and conceding just 4.
Xavi, Barcelona head coach:
“It’s not a miracle we’re asking for. There is still a little hope. There is always uncertainty when you are dependent on the results of others. This situation is uncomfortable. We still have to step on the field and play. These things happen in football. And why can’t something happen this time? Fate is not in our hands, but a small hope still exists. We should never lose hope. It’s a shame we couldn’t get points in Munich or Milan. This match is very important for us. We just have to wait and see what happens.”
Julian Nagelsmann, Bayern head coach:
“We are well prepared. We want to win, finish first in the group and play a better first half than we did in the last game. We want to receive well-deserved congratulations after a well-played match. We’ll give it our all.”
Barcelona will have to do without the help of Ronaldo Araujo, Andreas Christensen, Memphis Depay, Sergi Roberto in this match. Meanwhile, Leroy Sane, Manuel Neuer, Lucas Hernandez, Bouna Sarri will not be able to help Bayern.