President Alberto Fernández assured on Wednesday afternoon that they are preparing a plan to activate a series of activities starting on May 10, provided that the “protocols” to be established by the national government are met.
“This is the plan that we have. If we comply, we can go out, if we do not comply, we have to sustain the plan that is underway,” said the national president about the quarantine that ends next Sunday and that will be extended with new terms.
The head of state indicated that at this time the government is working to “organize the protocol of a series of economic activities.”
“What is the idea? Tell them ‘Look, governors, if the industries open up with these protocols, we can come back. But let’s avoid public transport, that companies take over (the transfers), let’s avoid inter-jurisdictional transport, that it works the people of the area, “Fernández said in statements to radio With you.
“They are all things that we are finishing for this new stage,” said the President.
In this context, the president met this afternoon at the Olivos Residence with the Committee of infectious diseases and experts that advises him in the fight against the expansion of the coronavirus, with the participation of the Minister of Health, Ginés González García and the Chief of Staff Santiago Cafiero, among other officials, to analyze how the isolation will continue.
Before that meeting, the head of state considered that the government and society “are meeting the objectives” set in the context of isolation by the coronavirus and stressed that it is “very close to the doubling rate of contagion being 25 days, “as had been prescribed.
“It is very possible that we will comply and that we can make a greater opening these days,” he predicted.