An electric meter equipped with a Linky box, installed outside a butcher's shop in Châlette-sur-Loing in the Loiret, caught fire a month after a similar incident in the same city. Contacted by AFP, the manager of Enedis, the company responsible for creating the counter, has denied any involvement of Linky in the fire. The subway fire occurred Friday at noon, according to firefighters and police, confirming the information from Central Republic.
This is the second time in less than a month that a Linky counter has burned in this city of nearly 13,000. "The source of the fire would have been accidental," a police source said Saturday. The owner of the premises of the "Boucherie du Center" announced his intention to lodge a complaint against Enedis. His new meter was installed three months ago, in his absence. The videos made by the witnesses show the smoke counter. We see that the fire starts with a crackling, then a black smoke and finally flames.
One meter had exploded in the same city a few weeks ago. On October 13, in the same city, a counter installed in a pavilion for fifteen days was "exploded" in the words of its owner. The pavilion had been badly damaged and its two inhabitants, a retired couple, were evacuated. "An electric meter can not explode or ignite spontaneously", said the Enedis group, adding that "to date there is no element to determine the origin of the fire".
Eleven million families equipped. A service officer at the Enedis Center-Val de Loire said he was waiting for the results of the survey. "The meters have been tested in the laboratory and do not explode, there is no breathing effect," said this picture, stating that only 2% of electric fires in France are due to count the tables, a figure which has not changed for years. "Installed at the rate of 30,000 a day, green anise counters now provide 11 million families.The legislator requires Enedis, a subsidiary of EDF, to cover the territory, ie about 35 million meters by 2021. To date, in Loiret have been installed 91,000 meters of Linky.