The aim of the survey was to provide a comprehensive overview of an important component of the protection status of residents and staff of institutions against coronavirus by determining IgG neutralizing antibody levels. The sufficient number of samples and the training of the groups made it possible to map the situation, taking into account the passage of time and the effect of the third vaccination, and at the same time to determine the intervention points, if necessary, the communication writes.
Maintained by the Metropolitan Municipality 11 nursing homes blood was taken and then antibody levels were measured in an accredited laboratory. Based on this results:
- The for those with benefits a total of 1,002 people were tested, of which 960 were for protection with the required antibody level of 95.81%.
- A for workers a total of 503 people were examined, of which 491 had protection required antibody level of 97.6%.
Data collection allowed for targeted antibody testing between both vaccinees and three vaccinees, showing the results below.
For those with two vaccinations the numbers are as follows:
- In the case of those who received the two vaccines, the number of people tested was 304, of which 284 had the antibody level required for protection, which is 93.42%.
- In the case of workers with the two vaccinations, the number of people tested was 306, of which 303 had the antibody level required for protection, which is 99.02%.
For those with three vaccinations the numbers are as follows:
- In the case of those who received three vaccines, the number of people tested was 661, of which 656 had the antibody level required for protection, which is 99.24%.
- In the case of workers with three vaccinations, the number of people tested was 176, of whom 176 had the antibody level required for protection, which is 100.00%.
Next, they also analyzed IgG levels in the samples in a breakdown consistent with their previous studies. The level of antibody level indirectly indicates the strength of protection, but is not directly proportional to it. The degree of protection depends on several factors.
As a result of the tests, the increase in antibody levels after the third vaccination is clearly visible in both the recipients and the workers.
It should be emphasized that in the case of workers who also received the third vaccine, no person was found who did not have the antibody level required for protection, they write.
The Municipality of Budapest has already carried out a similar survey in residential institutions providing care for the elderly during the spring. Based on a comparison of the spring results and the current results for those with two vaccinations it is clear that the spring results showed higher IgG anticoagulant levels than those measured in September in the two vaccinees. It can also be stated, however, that antibody levels for those now vaccinated with three were higher than for those vaccinated twice in April.
Cover image: Getty Images