Barr’s frontal attack on Apple and Co.

0
22

AWhen William Barr went public in Washington to comment on a firearm attack a week ago, the Attorney General linked his remarks with a more extensive request. The result of an investigation into the deadly attack by a Saudi Air Force officer at a military base in Pensacola, Florida, came as no surprise after all that had been revealed about the crime.

Roland Lindner

“It was an act of terrorism,” said Barr. The evidence showed that the perpetrator was motivated by jihadist ideology. Shortly before the crime on December 6, he published “anti-American, anti-Israeli and jihadist messages” on social media. The 21-year-old man, who killed three American soldiers and injured eight, was shot dead by security forces.

Barr: Apple no substantial help

Barr said there was no evidence to date that the perpetrator had supporters in the United States. Twenty-one other Saudi soldiers participating in training programs in the United States had been forced to leave the country because of allegations unrelated to the crime.

Then Barr came to his actual message: The FBI investigators had secured two iPhone-type cell phones. Within 24 hours, they had received judicial permission to examine both. The perpetrator deliberately shot into one of the telephones during the crime; the other was damaged. However, experts would have made the phones functional again. However, they are made in such a way that it is practically impossible to access the data without passwords.

,

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.