In Saturday’s second retaliation, the 33-year-old Fury maintained the invincibility in the 32nd match in the professional ring. Wilder, who will celebrate his 36th birthday in October, left in the 45th duel for the second time in his career defeated.
In Las Vegas, both more than two-meter boxers performed another open and grueling battle in front of 15,820 spectators. In the third round, Fury sent Wilder to the ground for the first time, in the fourth he found himself on the knees of a defending champion for a change and was even counted twice, but was saved by a gong. After half of the fight, Fury was still slightly on top of the referees and his better condition also began to show. In the tenth round, Wilder did not keep his right hand strike again, but Fury’s winning gesture was still premature. A round later, however, he ended the battle with another right hook.
“It was a great match. I always said I was the best boxer in the world, and I did it. And he’s the second best, “Fury said. “Never doubt me. When it comes down to it, I can always do it, “he added, pointing out that even at a critical moment in the fourth round, he did not admit that he could lose. “He got me twice, but it never occurred to me that it would be over. He shook me, he took me down, but that’s boxing and that’s life. It’s not about how many times someone knocks you out. You have to keep fighting and moving forward, “Fury said.
“I didn’t see the decisive knockout, but I could feel him. I hit him with a hard, crushing right hook. Such blows end a career. He’s done, Deontay Wilder is gone, “Fury said. His opponent ended up in the hospital for a preventive examination and acknowledged the defeat. “I wasn’t good enough,” said the American, who also spoke 18 kg less in weight against the duel.
After last year’s triumph, Fury originally sought a so-called unification duel with compatriot Anthony Joshua, who at the time held the remaining championship belts of the main organizations WBA, IBF and WBO. The obligation to box with Wilder for the defense was ordered by an arbitral tribunal in the USA in May, however, the match scheduled for the summer was postponed to October due to the British positive test for coronavirus. Joshua, meanwhile, also had to make a compulsory defense, and lost his titles after being defeated in September by Ukrainian challenger Alexander Usyk.
Therefore, a possible duel for all four most important belts and the title of absolute world champion will probably not happen immediately. First of all, it will be revenge between Joshua and Usyk.