China calls for end to ‘malicious hypotheses’ about tennis star Shuai Bing

The Chinese government has demanded an end to speculation about tennis star Shuai Ping, who has brought sexual assault charges against a former deputy prime minister, after which she did not appear in public for two weeks.
Ping had a video chat with International Olympic Committee President Thomas Bach on Sunday and said she was “safe at home in Beijing”.

“Some people should stop making malicious assumptions and politicizing this issue,” Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian told reporters on Tuesday. “I have received the question several times in the past few days.”

“This is not a diplomatic issue. I think you may have seen that Shuai Bing attended some open activities. She also had a video call with the President of the International Olympic Committee,” he added.

On the second of November, Peng, 35, launched a post on the Chinese social networking site Weibo, in which she stated that she had been sexually assaulted by Zhang Juli, former deputy prime minister and member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China. She said he forced her to have sexual relations with him.

Then the censors immediately intervened and deleted the post and banned any discussion of the issue on the Internet in China.

Thomas Bach’s video chat with the player sparked criticism that the International Olympic Committee was acting as an assistant to China on a voluntary basis.

The Chinese capital, Beijing, is preparing to host the Winter Olympics from February 4 to 20, at a time when China is already facing pressure and criticism over its human rights record, and announced that US President Joe Biden is considering a diplomatic boycott. .

See also  Pierce Brosnan posted a hot picture of his 58-year-old wife: a fan of Keely's round shapes - World Star

Global Athlete, which speaks on behalf of the athletes, had stated that Thomas Bach’s call “does not prove the athlete’s safety and security,” and the organization directed sharp criticism of the International Olympic Committee.

The organization added: “The International Olympic Committee has shown complete disregard for allegations of sexual abuse and abuse against athletes.”

Leave a Comment