In Baden-Württemberg the number of infected and deaths continues to increase. Here we keep you up to date with all the news.
Update from April 4, 7.45 p.m .: Also border areas between Baden-Wuerttemberg and neighboring countries have to put up barriers due to the corona pandemic. A particularly strange case occurs in Konstanz at the Bodensee from where a fence the Swiss Separated from the German side. Now a second fence has been installed parallel to the existing one – the distance between the two wire mesh fences is two meters.
The reason for the double backup is that many coupleswho met at the border in the past few days and over the temporary barrier direct contact had recorded. But physical contact such as hugs or even kisses between German-Swiss lovers are no longer possible. Even the trip to the partner is these days locked out, because visits to Switzerland were largely prohibited. The border on Lake Constance is usually open to pedestrians and cyclists.
Update from April 4, 6:30 p.m .: A 32-year-old was arrested in Weinheim in the Rhein-Neckar district of Baden-Württemberg. The man had previously had one on the Internet demonstration against the general Exit restrictions called. The man would have wanted to bring about a public gathering of people with an organized event, which was due to the regulations of one Crime corresponds.
Corona in Baden-Württemberg: Weinheimer calls for a demo – and is arrested
The man had clearly called for a crime, a police spokesman said on Saturday. The work of the officials was facilitated by the internet portal on which the man announced the demo. The provider of the portal helped to find the perpetrator. With a subsequent Apartment search On Friday, the officials secured data carriers, three laptops, hard drives, a tablet and a smartphone. The 32-year-old came after the preliminary arrest however, again at large.
Public Gatherings of people more than two people who are not part of the family are prohibited in Baden-Württemberg. From 15 people According to the police spokesman, a crime is spoken of, while small group formation is classified as an administrative offense.
Corona in Baden-Württemberg: Hundreds of doctors and nurses infected
Update from April 3, 2:15 p.m .: Again Südwestrundfunk (SWR) citing the Stuttgart regional council, hundreds of doctors and nurses in Baden-Württemberg have consulted with the Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2 infected. A total of 619 infections in medical personnel are said to have been identified and reported to the State Health Office. A distinction between doctors and nurses is not possible.
As the SWR reports further, the Baden-Württemberg districts want Boblingen and Tubingen all nursing homes on Covid-19 get tested. A total of 400 tests per day are to be carried out, the order is reported SWR.de. depend on the explosiveness and size of the facilities.
In the meantime, the North Rhine-Westphalian Minister of Health has raised the alarm about the lack of protective materials. In North Rhine-Westphalia, a virologist wants to track down the number of unreported cases *. In Bavaria, too, the number of corona cases that open in Bavaria’s hospitals is increasing. Both in the intensive care units and overall. Siegfried Hasenbein, the managing director of the Bavarian Hospital Association (BKG), is now warning of a lack of protective equipment *.
Corona in Baden-Württemberg: The current case numbers
Update from April 3, 10:01 a.m .: As the Ministry of Health announced on Thursday, the number of those with the Corona virus infected people in Baden-Wuerttemberg rose to 15,971. This corresponds to an increase of 1,391. The number of deaths has also increased. As a result, there have been 281 deaths as of Thursday at 4 p.m.
Across Germany, however, more and more doctors and medical assistants are becoming infected. According to the State Health Office as of Wednesday, 566 infections were registered among medical staff in Baden-Württemberg – almost double the number of cases compared to the previous week.
Update from April 2, 5:45 p.m .: The corona pandemic hits German air traffic hard. Now the Stuttgart Airport due to the corona crisis from Monday for a good two weeks closed. From April 6 to April 22, air traffic is to come to a standstill. This was announced by the Baden-Württemberg Ministry of Transport on Thursday.
Updates on the current situation at Stuttgart Airport: https://t.co/mTsvZuY17z
Updates to current situation at Stuttgart Airport: https://t.co/QCiO7O0uUy#stay strong #WeAreInThisTogether #Stuttgart #Airport pic.twitter.com/EqmgkySHsW
– Stuttgart Airport (@STR_Airport) March 27, 2020
Meanwhile, statistics in Bavaria provide hope, as Merkur.de * reported. Bavaria’s Prime Minister Markus Söder explained how things will go now.
Corona virus in Baden-Württemberg: Stuttgart airport will soon cease operations
At the Airport should now be provided in the flight-free time Construction work for the partial renovation of the runway start earlier than planned. There is a risk that the construction work scheduled from April 23 to June 17 could not be completed in time due to the currently applicable restrictions and that flight operations would have to be stopped unscheduled at the end of June.
The airport will continue to be used to allow helicopters to take off and land, the ministry said. More flights would have to be at airports in Karlsruhe or Baden-Baden respectively. About this, too care guaranteed to the population with air freight such as medical supplies.
Corona virus in Baden-Württemberg: schools open again after Easter?
Update 5.40 p.m .:
Baden-Wuerttemberg is currently thinking about gradual school openings after Easter. One consideration would be that different classes were taught on a daily basis, as Minister of Culture Susanne Eisenmann (CDU) told the “Stuttgarter Zeitung” (Friday). “For example, classes one and two could come at primary schools on some days, and classes three and four on others.” Eisenmann suspects that “some things will only start up slowly”. The state is also preparing in parallel for the event that the schools have to be closed until summer, the minister said.
Update from April 2, 9.40 a.m .: As in all of Germany, in Baden-Wuerttemberg the numbers of Corona infected and the deaths continued to skyrocket. According to the Ministry of Health on Wednesday, according to current figures, there are 14,580 confirmed cases with a positive test result and 239 deaths.
Coronavirus in Baden-Württemberg: The youngsters are usually the carriers
The number of infected people also rose in the Baden-Württemberg city of Stuttgart. The Ministry of Health reported a total of more than 800 infections. For the first time, the numbers regarding age groups were examined more closely. Accordingly, middle-aged people are particularly affected and more men (54 percent) than women (46 percent). According to the health department, six people died in Stuttgart. They were all over 63 years old and had previous illnesses.
Stefan Ehehalt, head of the health department, explained the interim balance to the Stuttgarter Zeitung. According to him, you can see that the corona virus is not a “senior virus”. More than a third of those infected are between 26 and 40 years old. Marriage cites people’s mobility, leisure behavior and social contacts as reasons for this. He warned the Stuttgarter Zeitung: The group also transmits the virus most frequently ”.
First report from March 31: Coronavirus cases in BaWü are increasing – thousands of violations of protective measures are reported
Stuttgart – The Coronavirus * also hits Baden-Wuerttemberg hard. The number of infected people and deaths increases day by day. Meanwhile, the number of violations of the currently applicable and important corona requirements is increasing.
Coronavirus in Baden-Württemberg: The current case numbers
According to the Ministry of Health, there are Baden-Wuerttemberg 12,257 confirmed corona cases * so far with positive test results. A total of 163 people died as a result of an infection (as of March 30, 4 p.m.)
Coronavirus in Baden-Württemberg: Almost 3,000 administrative offenses
After the Baden-Württemberg interior minister Thomas Strobl (CDU) had already asked citizens on Monday (we reported) to violate the Corona overlays * New figures were released on Tuesday to report to the police. Strobl had emphasized that it was about slowing the spread of the disease and saving human lives.
As the SWR now reports, around 3,000 administrative offenses and crimes were reported in Baden-Württemberg from Friday to Sunday. Strobl said this on Tuesday in Stuttgart. It was further said that underneath 2,000 violations were where more than two people met in public space.
Coronavirus in Baden-Württemberg: Clinic network extends protective measures
As reported by the SWR, the clinic association Südwest has extended its protective measures due to the corona location * until June 1.
As the company announced on Tuesday, this included postponing all non-essential interventions and consultation hours. The ban on visits is also to be expanded. To protect mothers, their newborns and nursing staff, the ban on visits to the weekly wards applies to everyone.
This now includes fathers. Presence at birth in the delivery room was still possible, but only if the father was healthy and had no contact with a person infected with the coronavirus *.
Meanwhile, the situation in North Rhine-Westphalia is also getting worse. Prime Minister Armin Laschet also suffered a face mask breakdown on Monday. In the most populous federal state, a man from Heinsberg, who was particularly affected, fell ill, spat on a policeman and shouted, “I have Corona!” The death toll is increasing – an Italian Covid 19 patient has also died. Meanwhile, research is still ongoing for a vaccine for the coronavirus *.
* merkur.de is part of the nationwide Ippen-Digital editors network.