The corona virus continues to spread worldwide. After the mark of 300,000 infected was passed last Saturday, there are now more than 470,000. So far in Germany more than 37,000 infections registered, according to figures from Johns Hopkins University in the United States. According to the Robert Koch Institute, North Rhine-Westphalia has particularly high numbers with more than 7100, Bavaria with more than 6500 and Baden-Württemberg with more than 6000 cases. According to John Hopkins University, the number of Sars-CoV-2 infected people who died of Covid-19 has now risen to over 200 nationwide.
Public life is therefore clearly restricted in many countries. There are many problems with exit restrictions in the UK and Spain. Chancellor Angela Merkel sees society facing a “historic task” and urges that contact with fellow human beings be drastically restricted. The Bundesliga will therefore suspend their games until the end of April. The Tokyo Olympics, like many other major sporting events, will not take place this year.
You can find all reports on this topic here in the stern special.
You can find numbers and maps on the spread of the virus here.
Everything you need to know about traveling in times of the Corona virus can be found here.
The most important messages at a glance:
- Head of statutory health insurance: “Have large capacities, but not enough to test 83 million” (12.45 p.m.)
- Virologist Drosten and Minister Karliczek present new research alliance (from 11 a.m.)
- CDU / CSU continue to increase in survey (10.55 a.m.)
- Bosch develops Covid 19 rapid test (9.23 a.m.)
- US Senate approves trillion aid package (6:09 a.m.)
- Seven Covid-19 cases on “MS Artania” (5.33 a.m.)