On Saturday, laboratory tests confirmed coronavirus infection in 567 people. The leader was Małopolska with almost twice as many cases as the second Mazovia. The coronavirus was detected on a train on the popular Warsaw-Lublin route. Sanepid is looking for travelers. Read Coronavirus – Report of the Day.
We summarize the most important information of the day related to the pandemic and its consequences.
Over 70,000 infected in Poland
- We have 567 new and confirmed cases of the coronavirus, informed the Ministry of Health;
- The number of infected in Poland increased to 70 thousand. 387 people;
- The ministry informed about the death of another 13 patients;
- To date, 2,113 people have died from Covid-19;
- The greatest number of infections is found in the following voivodships: Małopolskie (120), Mazowieckie (68) and Wielkopolskie (59);
- 2,526 convalescents arrived during the day;
- In total, 52,346 patients infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus have already recovered;
- Sanitary and epidemiological supervision covers 7,090 people, and quarantine – 71,452 people;
- There are 2090 people in hospitals, 77 are under a ventilator.
Coronavirus on the Warsaw-Lublin train
- Lublin Sanitary Inspectorate is looking for passengers on the Warsaw-Lublin train;
- One person was confirmed to be infected with SARS-CoV-2;
- It is about the trip on Thursday 27 August;
- Sanepid also asks the passengers of the bus, which left Lublin to Gdańsk on August 30, to report;
Doctors will order tests via the app
- Primary care physicians can already order coronavirus tests through the app;
- It’s about the office office. Office.gov.pl, the same through which they issue e-prescriptions on a daily basis;
- After the health ministry has involved family doctors more closely in the fight against covid-19, they are concerned about their and their patients’ safety;
- On Monday, the College of Family Physicians in Poland will meet with the Minister of Health on this matter.
- Vitamin D deficiency in the body increases the risk of coronavirus infection by 77%. – say doctors from the international research team;
- Researchers at the University of Chicago conducted tests on a group of nearly 500 people;
- the data of 489 patients who had their vitamin D levels checked in the last year before the coronavirus test was included;
- About 25 percent patients were found to be deficient in this vitamin, in turn 59%. the tests showed the correct level;
- It turned out that the tests showed the presence of the coronavirus in 22 percent. patients with vitamin D deficiency. In the case of people with “normal” results, the percentage was 12 percent.
- This means that the probability of contracting the coronavirus in the case of a deficiency of this compound has almost doubled.
- Vitamin D sources include sea fish, eggs, dairy products. To take care of the proper level of vitamin in the body, it is recommended to walk in the afternoon and play sports.
- The most common symptoms of vitamin D deficiency are bone or muscle pain, fatigue, insomnia and diarrhea.
Photo of the Day: Teachers, parents, and children gathered outside the home of New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio. They are demanding a tightening of security procedures at schools that are to open soon in the city.