Despite the loss of 1: 2 to the Slovan Bratislava footballers, they advanced to the 2nd preliminary round of the LM

Despite the 1: 2 loss on the Shamrock Rovers field, the Slovan Bratislava footballers advanced to the second preliminary round of the Champions League. In the opening match, they won 2: 0. They lost the same difference in retaliation, but in the 73rd minute Vladimír Weiss scored a difference goal.

The Czech defender Jurij Medveděv played the whole match in the jersey of the Slovak team, and Jaromír Zmrhal also took the last seven minutes.

The Bratislava club did not start an important duel well and after a quarter of an hour of the game, it collected after Graham Burke’s converted penalty. In addition, the home team scored the second goal in the second half thanks to Richard Towell.

Seventeen minutes before the end, however, Weiss prevailed and thus corrected the hesitation from the first match, when he did not change the penalty kick in the set time of the second half. His goal moved the Slovak team to the next stage, where Slovan will face the Young Boys Bern.

Due to the abolished rule on goals on the opponent’s field, the duel between the Bosnian Banja Luka and the Romanian Cluj was extended. The home team Banja Luka won in retaliation 2: 0 and erased the 1: 3 defeat from the first duel, so due to the newly introduced UEFA rule, the match was extended. Progress Cluj shot in the 118th minute by Alexandru Chipciu. The Romanian team will meet Lincoln of Gibraltar in the next round.

Malmö drew 1: 1 on FC Riga and secured their progress thanks to a 1-0 victory from the opening match. The Swedish team led by coach Jon Dahl Tomasson took the lead in the 33rd minute thanks to the Croatian striker Antonio-Mirek Čolak. He also prevailed in the first mutual encounter.

See also  Breel Embolo releases big game in Bundesliga

Riga equalized in the second part thanks to another Croatian Ivan Paurevič, but it was no longer able to turn the duel around. In the next phase, Malmö will encounter HJK Helsinki, which, after the initial triumph over Podgorica (3: 1), also succeeded in outdoor retaliation 4: 0.

Ferencváros Budapest did not hesitate again, who, thanks to a hat-trick by Myrto Uzuni, won 3: 1 in Pristina, Kosovo, and will challenge Žalgiris Vilnius in the next preliminary round. Although he played on the field of Northern Ireland’s Linfield after two exclusions in only nine players, he still won 2: 1.

Retaliation matches of the 1st preliminary round of the Champions League football:

Borac Banja Luka (BOS) – Cluj 2: 1 after extra time (2: 0, 0: 0), first match 1: 3, Cluj advances; Future Podgorica – HJK Helsinki 0: 4 (0: 3), first match 1: 3, advances HJK Helsinki; Linfield (Sev. Ir.) – Žalgiris Vilnius 1: 2 (0: 2), first match 1: 3, advances Žalgiris Vilnius; Shamrock Rovers (IR) – Slovan Bratislava 2: 1 (1: 0), first match 0: 2, Slovan Bratislava is advancing.


Leave a Comment