The sound of the sirens that warn of the chemical risk will resonate, this Thursday morning, for 38 Catalan municipalities. The Civil Defense will take place today, from ten in the morning and up to a few minutes before noon, a test with 86 sirens connected to the emergency plan of the chemical industry of Catalonia, the Plaseqcat. The alarms, which sound like this, consist of three wavy signals lasting one minute separated by silences of five seconds. To know that the chemical risk is over, the population will hear the warning sound, a continuous 30-second signal.
This is a test done twice a year to verify that all the sirens are working properly and also to familiarize the population with their sound and with the advice to follow in the event that Plaseqcat is activated. The Center for the Coordination of Civil Protection Operations of Catalonia will send an SMS to deaf people living in a chemical-hazardous area in order to adapt the notices to their disability. An automatic voice call will also be made to people in the Campredó area who do not have any other means of alarm for chemical risk. The test will start in Vallès Occidental and Bages and will end at 12.50 in Les.
the common who participates Today in the auger there are, for demarcations:
- Barcelona: Barcelona, Terrassa, Olesa de Montserrat, Esparreguera, Abrera, Martorell, Sant Andreu de la Barca, Castellbisbal, Hospitalet de Llobregat, Sant Feliu de Llobregat, El Prat de Llobregat, Sant Joan Despí, Cornellà de Llobregat, Sant Boi de Llobregat , Santa Coloma de Cervelló, Viladecans, Granollers, Canovelles, Montornes del Vallès, Sant Celoni and Gualba
- Girona: Riells and Viabrea
- Tarragona: Tarragona, Constantí, Perafort, La Pobla de Mafumet, El Morell, Vilallonga del Camp, Els Garidells, Els Pallaresos, La Canonja, Vila-seca and Salou
- Central Catalonia: Castellgalí and Sant Vicenç de Castellet
- Terres de l & # 39; Ebre: Flix and Tortosa
- Alt Pirineu i Aran: Les
As a novelty with regard to the previous sirens test, the Civil Defense will now be the focus of the three new sirens that have established in Terrassa (Vallès Occidental), where an intense information campaign has been carried out to publicize the installation. warnings and self-protection measures in case of chemical risk.
One hundred schools with 40,556 people, including students and teaching staff and non-teaching staff, in areas where there are chemical risk sirens have confirmed that they will do the test to perform a confinement exercise. In fact, this time a laboratory was set up for schools.
In the event of a chemical incident, the safest protection measure is to limit yourself to the nearest building and stay there until the warning stops. Doors and windows must be closed and the ventilation is switched off, if it is started, to prevent the entry of possible toxic gases. It is also very important that children in the school or the elderly do not look at the villa or the residence. Other protective measures should not use the mobile phone if it is not essential, because the lines are not compressed and, if you are inside a vehicle, do not stay inside because it is not a separate safe space .