The topic of defer salaries of footballers to mitigate the economic crisis of soccer clubs due to the coronavirus pandemic. Given this, players have spoken on the matter, some in favor and others against.
Several weeks ago, the Mexican Antonio “Pollo” Briseño and the Argentine Juan Ignacio Dinenno indicated that they did not intend to reduce their salaries. Unlike them, Elías Hernández assured that he is willing to enter into a deferred payment scheme.
In interview with ESPN, the Mexican striker noted that Cruz Azul has not discussed the issue of wages. “I still don’t know absolutely anything about that. I have heard some things from other clubs and some notion we have of that, but nothing has been discussed here, they have not told us anything “he indicated.
“If it is to support and it is to help, I think we would have no problem. It would be a matter of talking to the group, talking to the board to see what can be done. I think we are a team that is in the best disposition to do what is best for everyone, “he said.
Despite the fact that executives of “The Machine” have indicated that they could have millionaire losses, the club continues to pay 100% of the salary of all the members of the institution until March 31.
In soccer, for several weeks there has been a debate to reduce the salaries of the players. Although some cases these measures have been rejected by the footballers themselvesIn others, they have already started to implement these actions, such as in Barcelona in Spain.
Some Liga MX clubs have followed the same example and have already started to defer the salary to their players. Gallos Blancos de Querétaro, Atlas, Santos Laguna, Pumas de la UNAM, León and Tuzos del Pachuca are some teams that reached an agreement with their players to defer salary.
Those who will not take these measures are the Eagles of America and the Braves of Juárez. Miguel “Piojo” Herrera, coach azulcrema, and Guillermo Cantú, president of the border, said that wages are still intact for now.
This Monday, the federal government approved the declaration of national health emergency due to force majeure due to a considerable increase in cases of coronavirus. In addition to the measures that are underway as part of the National Sana Distancia Day, all sectors in the country, mainly private companies, are urged to stop most of their activities.
Also, the number of cases of people infected with COVID-19 increased to 1,215 confirmed patients, reported the Ministry of Health (SSa) this Tuesday. The death toll rose to 29, one more than 24 hours ago.
Cruz Azul champion for the coronavirus
One of the unknowns that this pandemic has brought to Liga MX is what What will happen with Clausura 2020, which has been suspended since March 16. Although the leaders have indicated that the tournament will not be canceled, there is a possibility of this if the health crisis continues.
Thus, Analysts have suggested that the champion of this tournament be Cruz Azul, team that is the leader of the competition so far. However, his coach Robert Siboldi and manager Jaime Ordiales have commented that they would not like to raise the cup in this way.
Also, in the interview, Elías Hernández assured that he wants the championship on the court, something that has not happened since the Winter of 1997. “The truth, at least to me, the title would not know me like this,” said the Patrolman, as he is also known.
“Although the team is in first place, it was on a good streak, for many it is the one that plays best, but I think that it is not the right thing because there is a team that you have to a point (León) and it would not be fair to me if this happened, ”he said.
He hopes that the contingency will end soon to return to the courts. “I hope this ends as quickly as possible, that football can resume and that the title is won on the court as it should be and as it has always been ”, he concluded.