Of Verena Schaupp | 1:29 p.m., April 22, 2020
We keep you again all day long today up to date on the events surrounding the Corona epidemic in Styria.
- The number of confirmed Covid-19 cases in Styria is 1670, 874 people are considered as recover (As of Tuesday, 9 p.m.).
- In the state are now 110 fatalities (Status: Tuesday, 6 p.m.) to complain about.
- It still applies Exit restrictions for everyone. Many stores have been allowed to reopen since April 14th – Mask requirement in public transport and with every purchase!
- From May 1st should unlock all shops. Massage therapists, podiatrists, hairdressers and other services may also be offered again. The mask requirement and safety distance apply!
- From May 15th allowed to Restaurants open again (curfew 11 p.m.), Services should take place and schools gradually start their presence operation.
- 3351 ads in Styria, including 799 in the Easter week
- Healthphone 1450 only for those who have symptoms! Please address general questions to Tel. 0800 555 621.
- The Styrian hotline Crisis intervention is under 0800 500154 (9 a.m. to 9 p.m.) reachable.
- Hotline for parents and legal guardians: 0676 8666 4668
- Hotline social department of the country: 0800 20 10 10
- Nursing hotline of the country: 0800 500 176 (8 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Free ZEBRA concern hotline with interpreting 0800 799 702 (Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.).
- Of the Association trauma help Austria offers telephone advice on 01 413 00 44 for people in quarantine or self-isolation.
- Caritas had to stop their house collection for Styrians in need. We want to help: Donate to Styrian help Styrian under the password “Corona Help”.
Click here for the Corona ticker international and Austria. The developments in Styria from Tuesday can be read here.
The most important events of the day in the live ticker
1.30 p.m. The curve of new infections also flattens in the Liezen district, but the Ennstal Classic is canceled. All the details here.
1:10 p.m. In Graz the municipal council will meet again tomorrow, but you can switch from the town hall to the Graz fair. There are also a few new rules.
12.45 p.m. Friends of burgers and fries, watch out! After the big rush to Mc Donald’s branches in Graz and Gleisdorf, the next locations of the fast food chain in Styria will soon be opening.
12.30 p.m. The short-time working model is eagerly used. In Leoben, 7,000 employees are officially on short-time work; unfortunately, unemployment is also increasing.
12.10 p.m. Most of the corona cases still exist in Styria in the Hartberg-Fürstenfeld district. But the number of people recovering in the region is also increasing.
11.50 a.m. The most beautiful day of the year? For many wedding couples, this had to be canceled due to the restrictions to contain Covid-19. In Styria, 4,100 weddings have to be postponed. Around two thirds of the approximately 6,300 marriages held annually in the state take place in the months from March to August. Such snapshots, like here from Wedding Award winner Markus Schlamadinger aka “a twist of lemon”, have to wait a bit longer …
11.30 a.m. Corona is nothing more than “a mild flu”, claims a doctor from Upper Styria and spread conspiracy theories about the corona pandemic. Now he is facing a professional ban.
11.15 a.m. The Greens bring the comparatively high number of Styrian Corona dead to the wallpaper in the next session of the state parliament. Club chairwoman Sandra Krautwaschl will address 15 questions to Health Minister Juliane Bogner-Strauß (ÖVP). Including: Were all nursing home operators adequately equipped?
11 clock. Caritas Styria has stepped up its free emergency food distribution for people at risk of poverty. The edition will take place this Wednesday in Graz, from 1 to 2.30 p.m. in Herrgottwiesgasse 55. Tomorrow then in Schladming and Rottenmann.
10.30 a.m. From May, restaurants can open again, under certain rules. But first of all, many restaurateurs are struggling in the crisis. It was also announced yesterday that a prominent Graz host has to file for bankruptcy. The team of the city editorial team reports on despair and optimism of purpose in the Graz restaurant scene.
9.50 a.m. The corona crisis hits the cultural scene hard. Six artists from East and Southeast Styria tell how they experience the situation.
9.25 a.m. The civilian service for civilian servants who started in August 2019 will not be extended, according to the Red Cross.
9 clock. Styria is the country of car production. 50,000 jobs are associated with it. If sales do not start, industry expects long-term consequences. The economic department of the Little newspaper took a closer look at the situation.
8.25 a.m. Good news for all soldiers who are deployed. From now on you travel free of charge on public transport – all over Austria.
7.50 a.m. The installation of maypoles is regulated differently this year. Click here for the details.
7.30 am. Home for a summer retreat? Styrian tourism is gearing up. Ulrich Dunst looked at what the situation really looks like and whether the first tourists are coming in May.
7 o’clock. For the time being, the state of Styria does not want to relax the ban on visiting nursing homes. You can read the policy justification here.
Meanwhile, it has been clear since Tuesday that the withdrawal of further restrictions should take place from May:
- From May 1st – all shops (also over 400 square meters) can open again.
- From May 1st – masseuses, podiatrists, hairdressers and other services are allowed to offer their services again (mask requirement and one-meter safety distance apply)
- From May 15th – Bars and restaurants are allowed to open again (with curfew at 11 p.m.)
- From May 15th – School levels away from Matura and final classes (which start again on May 4th) should gradually resume their presence.
- From May 15th – public services are to take place again. A step-by-step plan is in progress.
6.15 a.m. As of Tuesday (as of 9:00 p.m.), the total number of confirmed infections with the coronavirus in Styria was 1,670. This means an increase of six confirmed infections compared to the previous evening.
874 people in Styria are considered to have recovered. That is 58 people more than 24 hours earlier.
The following is a list of confirmed Styrian Sars CoV-2 infections by political district (in brackets the change in the past 24 hours from Monday evening to Tuesday evening):
Bruck-Mürzzuschlag: 51 (-)
Deutschlandsberg: 46 (+1)
Graz: 442 (+1)
Graz area: 204 (+1)
Hartberg-Fürstenfeld: 304 (+2)
Leibnitz: 176 (-)
Leoben: 22 (-)
Liezen: 84 (+1)
Murau: 5 (-)
Mur Valley: 31 (-)
Southeast Styria: 55 (-)
Voitsberg: 96 (-)
Wheat: 154 (-)
(Source: Ministry of Health)
6 o’clock. From May 15th, public services will again be possible. A step-by-step plan is in progress. In the meantime, digital services are taking place, and institutions such as the Diocese of Graz-Seckau are encouraging online …
5.30 a.m. As of Tuesday evening (at 6 p.m.), another death in Styria related to the corona virus was reported. It is a woman (born in 1929) from the Graz area.
The regional distribution of previous deaths in connection with Covid-19 among the Styrian districts:
- District Hartberg-Fürstenfeld: 28 deaths
- State capital Graz: 27 deaths
- District Graz-surroundings: 27 deaths
- Weiz district: eight deaths
- Leibnitz district: five deaths
- Voitsberg district: four deaths
- Bruck-Mürzzuschlag district: three deaths
- District of Leoben: three deaths
- Deutschlandsberg district: two deaths
- Liezen district: a death
- Murtal district: a death
- District of Southeast Styria: a death
5 o’clock. So far, there are currently 3351 advertisements and 405 organ punishment mandates issued by the police due to violations of the measures to contain the coronavirus in Styria. More about this here.
Coronavirus info point
If you are with you Cold symptoms notice, then the following applies: stay at home and avoid contacts with other people!
If there is an additional fever or if the condition worsens, it should Healthphone 1450 to be called.
At general questions please select the AGES Infoline Coronavirus: 0800 555 621 .
The number 1450 is only for people with complaints! The following applies: Always inquire by phone first, never go to a doctor’s office or hospital with suspected corona!
Who had contact with people from the affected regions or comes back to Austria from these regions and
Symptoms such as fever or cough noticed within 14 days:
always report first by phone! Under no circumstances simply drive to the family doctor or to the hospital!
First contact your family doctor or call the 1450 health phone,
there is also a special one Coronavirus hotline (Tel. 0800 555 621).