In this edition:
• Football is waiting … and shows that it is there: Aleksander Čeferin, UEFA president, explains the reaction of European football’s governing body to the unprecedented challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. He is proud of the spirit of solidarity shown by the European football community.
• COVID-19, day after day: chronology of decisions that defined the measures taken by UEFA in March and April to ensure the safety of all players in European football.
• 2020 UEFA Congress in Amsterdam: the annual meeting of the european football parliament, which took place in early march, is reviewed.
• Interview with Davor Šuker: Croatian striker (now a member of the UEFA Executive Committee) talks about his career as a goal-rich player, talks about his work as president of the Croatian Football Federation (HNS) and explains how football helps the country to face COVID-19.
These are the other topics you will find in issue 190 of UEFA Direct:
• Eat better to win: what is the best diet for a footballer? Find out how sports science and different customs play a decisive role.
• Veterans football and its growth in Europe
• UEFA and the Center for Access to Football in Europe (CAFE) celebrate ten years of a successful partnership.
• Make football a strategic partner: The Public Relations pillar of UEFA’s Grow program helps UEFA member associations to develop lasting partnerships with government institutions.
• News in brief of the 55 UEFA member associations
UEFA Direct gives you a detailed overview of football in the 55 European national associations. Bimonthly online publication in French, German and English.