An apartment building has suffered such extensive damage after an explosion that the police have had to evacuate due to the risk of landslides.
Updated yesterday 07:12
In Sweden, many received calls from people who heard a loud bang near an apartment building in Solna municipality, late on Thursday evening. The police confirm opposite SVT that an explosion has occurred.
Daniel Wikdahl at the Stockholm police tells VG that no injuries have been found so far.
– But the search is still ongoing, he said at 23.55.
– We have evacuated people in the stairwell, and we are continuously assessing whether we also have to evacuate nearby staircases.
Later on Friday night, Expressen writes that the stairwell has suffered such extensive damage that it is in danger of collapsing.
He says there is extensive damage to the house, but the police cannot determine whether a bomb has exploded.
– We do not know what has happened, but we suspect that something criminal has happened.
Wikdahl says the police are on the scene with large resources and are questioning witnesses who may have seen something.
– It will take time to structure the efforts on site.
The police are also looking for any surveillance images that may help solve the case.
Expressen has been in contact with residents in the area, and according to one of them, the whole house should have shaken and there should be extensive damage to the building.
– All the neighbors came out and stood on the balconies, says the resident to Expressen.
No injuries have been reported so far, and the police say it is unclear whether anyone was the target of the explosion.
About fifty emergency calls were made and the bang could be heard over large parts of the area north of Stockholm.
No one has been arrested, and the police have no suspects so far in the case.
Huvudsta is located northwest of Vasastaden in central Stockholm.