On July 28, the multimedia franchise of Love Live! Sunshine!! announced a collaboration with LaLaport Numazu, a shopping complex located in Numazu City, Shizuoka Prefecture. This collaboration, which will begin on August 5 within the facilities, It also includes a special illustration of the members of Aqours, which is what we will talk about today.
Let’s do a test, looking at the image, do you think it would generate any controversy? If your answer is no, then you know absolutely nothing about the internet in recent years. Of course it attracted controversy! Perhaps a real question today would be, why would the image generate controversy? The answer is also simple: the crotches.
Multiple comments emerged from social networks in Japanthat’s right, it’s not something from the West, but within the Japanese country itself; to criticize that Chika Takami’s skirt (the girl in the center) is “exaggeratedly tight” to highlight her crotch. This was immediately qualified as “sexualization”. Some comments noted that Love Live! have “certain obsession to highlight the crotches“But wouldn’t the obsessives be the critics for immediately noticing those details?
A popular feedback forum collected several of these opinions, who wrote:
- «Clothes that suck the crotch… I’m not surprised».
- «Skirts that highlight the crotch, I’m getting tired of this constant».
- «The crotch highlighting shit again? They are designs on purpose to achieve a depth effect in that part».
- «What material are the garments that suck crotches?».
- «They should immediately correct those wrinkles of the clothes».
- «The shadow in the crotch is so strange that it almost seems that this part is transparent. If you want to show your pubes to excite men, then wear tight pants instead of a skirt».
- «I don’t understand this kind of designs. Does this excite the fans?».
- «Are those idols breathing through their pussies instead of their noses again? With that thing about sucking clothes…».
- «Please put physically real clothes on them next time!».
- «The suction effect of the crotch is disgusting. I don’t want to imagine how they would design those same clothes but from the back. Why didn’t the same effect get done on the pants?».
In case you didn’t know, it’s not the first time Love Live! Sunshine!! faces such a controversy. Previously, people complained about a promotional visual of Chika Takami about an advertising campaign for Numazu City tangerines, for exactly the same reason as “the crotch-sucking skirts.” On that occasion the complex withdrew the promotional materials, will it happen again this time?
© Project Love Live! Sunshine !!