The Syndicate of Acting Professions in Egypt organized, on Wednesday evening, the first session of the Cairo Drama Festival, which was chaired by the actor. Yahya Al-Fakhrani. This festival comes more than 10 years after the suspension of the Cairo Radio and Television Festival, which was in part honoring local soap operas.
The competition for the new festival prizes included every Egyptian series produced by an Egyptian company or set in Egypt or starring Egyptian artists, even if it was produced by a non-Egyptian company. The competition in the first session was limited to the works that were presented within a month last ramadan There are 27 series.
The award ceremony, which was held at Al-Manara Convention Center in New Cairo, attracted a large number of stars, including Ahmed Abdel Aziz, Mohamed Riad, Sawsan Badr, Sayed Ragab, Nermin El-Feki, Sherif Mounir, Ahmed Zaher, Sabri Abdel Moneim and Fadia Abdel Ghani. , Mushira Ismail, andNelly Karim.
In the forefront of the audience were also members of the jury: Inaam Muhammad Ali as president, musician Rageh Daoud, and actor Ahmed El SakkaDirector of Photography Sameh Selim, and Actor Mohamed Mamdouhcritic Khairiya Al-Bishlawy, actress Sabreen, director Tamer Mohsen, and writer Hatem Hafez.
The opening ceremony included a singing segment presented by Medhat Saleh, in which he collected the names of a number of famous people Egyptian seriesthen a musical paragraph by the marimba player Nesma Abdel Aziz, and finally a piece of music written by the artist Hisham Kharma.
The festival awarded the creativity prize to Samiha Ayoub, andSafia Al-OmariMohsen Mohieldin, andIlham ShaheenAndLeila AlawiAndYusraAndNabila ObeidAnd Nadia El-Gendy, in addition to the names of the departed Samir Ghanem AndDalal Abdel Aziz.
The festival also honored the author and scriptwriter Mohamed Galal Abdel Qawi, the director Gamal Abdel Hamid, the actor Salah El-Saadani, and the name of the late scriptwriter Mamdouh El-Leithi, whose son, journalist and media figure Amr El-Leithi, received his honor.
The festival presented a special tribute to the heroes and makers The series “The Choice” In its three parts, where he did not compete for awards, and the family of the series “The Returnees”.
In his opening speech, festival head Yahya El-Fakharani said that he had witnessed the previous radio and television festival since its beginnings, so he is happy for the drama festival to be back again.
He added that this return came “shyly” due to the great changes that occurred in the industry and its elements, and therefore this is considered an “experimental” course that includes Ramadan works only, in the hope that the next courses will include works offered throughout the year, as well as Arab production.
The series “Ghamm Island” won the largest part of the awards:
- Best Series: Seriescloud islandDirected by Hussein Al-Manbawi
- Best Social Comedy Series: The series “Return Ya Hoi”
- Best Author: Abdel Rahim Kamal for the series “Ghamm Island”
- Best Decoration: “Ghamm Island”
- Best Cinematography: “Ghamm Island”
- Best Actor: Ahmed Amin, “Ghamm Island”
- Best Actress: Menna Shalaby for her role in the series “Btolo Al-Rouh”
- Best Actor in a Second Role: Riad Al-Khouli, “Ghamm Island”
- Best Director(s): Kamla Abou Zekry, for the series “Bloo’ Al-Rouh”
- Best Rising Actor: Nour Khaled Al-Nabawy for his role in the series “Raj’in Ya Hawa”
- Best Emerging Actress: Rahma Ahmed for her role in the series “The Great Away”
- Best Soundtrack: Series “Faten Amal Harbi”
- Best Tatar: “The Journey”