And your iPhone displays a black screen with the following message: support.apple.com/iphone/restore and it can no longer connect to iTunes, it means it has entered recovery mode.
This can happen due to a number of reasons, including:
- You cannot update your iPhone,
- You cannot restore your iPhone,
- You tried to restore your iPhone from an old backup,
- Your new device requires initial setup.
We will see some of the more common ones below.
Why is your iPhone showing “support.apple.com/iphone/restore”?
If your iPhone is stuck on the following message: support.apple.com/iphone/restore, it is in most cases a software problem causing a black screen.
- A problem related to an application,
- An update failure,
- An iOS 15 Beta downgrade or restore problem,
- An operation that causes iOS to malfunction on your iPhone, etc.
It is to highlight that the latest 13 iPhones announced recently, all run under iOS 15. They may therefore encounter this type of problem support Apple restore during a new update. Note also that all publishers must quickly update their applications, in most cases so that they are supported by the latest version of iOS.
If you have damaged something on your iPhone’s motherboard (rare case), it could also be that you have your iPhone stuck on this support.apple.com/iphone/restore message.
So we will see below 5 methods to quickly fix this Apple error.
1. Reinstall the latest version of iOS with iTunes
If you have a iPhone stuck in recovery mode, the first thing to do is to try to make a restore with iTunes under Windows. This can also work, in several cases of blockage. However, it is important to know that all your data will be erased, by restoring your iPhone through iTunes, if you have not made a backup beforehand.
If you have an iPhone stuck in restore mode, here’s how to restore it simply through iTunes:
- To get started, please install the latest version of iTunes on your PC.
- Then connect the iPhone to the PC with the USB cable and click on the “my phone” logo.
- After that, click on “Restore iPhone”.
- Finally, follow the directions given on iTunes to restore your iPhone system.
2. Fix your iPhone stuck in recovery mode with AnyFix
In this method, we are going to show you one of the best solutions using software to fix the problem « support Apple com iPhone restore ». With just a few clicks, your iPhone 13 or lower will return to its original state and you will no longer have this error message.
What’s more, your data will not be erased if you choose the “Standard Repair” mode. An advantage compared to a restore via iTunes, without backup made beforehand.
Here is the procedure to follow :
- First, install AnyFix on your Mac or on your Windows PC.
- Once the tool is installed, open it and click on “Repair the system”.
- Then select “50+ iPhone problems” then press the button ” To start “.
- After that, connect iPhone to PC using USB cable and tap on ” To start “ then on “Standard repair”.
Note : It is also possible to choose the advanced repair or the ultimate repair. However, these two modes will erase your data.
- In addition, press ” To download “ in order to install the iOS system on your iPhone.
- Please be patient until the download is complete then tap “Fix now”.
- Finally, wait until your iPhone restarts and the repair will be complete.
3. Restart iPhone in restore mode without computer
If you still see the message support.apple.com/iphone/restore, you can try restarting your iPhone in recovery mode. Below are the detailed steps to fix the problem without computer.
Here’s how to force restart in restore mode:
- For iPhone 8 and newer versions: Long press the volume up button (a few seconds), then release it. Quickly press and release the volume down button. Then press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
- For iPhone 7 or 7 Plus: Hold the side (or top) button and volume down button until you see the Apple logo.
- For iPhone 6 / 6s, SE or earlier: Hold down the side (or top) button as well as the Home button until you see the Apple logo.
You will still need to restore your iPhone from your computer afterwards, if necessary. Only manipulation for switch to restore mode does not require a computer, but it does not guarantee your iPhone will return to normal.
4.Restore iPhone stuck on “support.apple.com/iphone/restore” via DFU mode
IPhone DFU mode is a more in-depth option to fix all the system errors that have occurred on the device including when the iPhone is stuck on the screen support.apple.com/iphone/restore. The process can be a bit complicated, and the steps to follow also depend on the iphone model you own :
- Open iTunes.
- Connect the iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Put the iPhone in DFU mode:
- On an iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Plus button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the side button until the screen goes completely black. Press and hold the Side and Volume Down buttons for 5 seconds. Release the Side button, but keep the Volume down button pressed until the message “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode” appears.
- On an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus: Press and hold the Power button and Volume down button simultaneously for 10 seconds. Release the Power button, but continue to hold the Volume down button until the “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode” message appears.
- On iPhone 6s or earlier models: Press and hold both the top (or side) button and the Home button for 8 seconds. Release only the top (or side) button without releasing the Home button for 10 seconds. iTunes will indicate that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
- Click OK to close the message in the iTunes window.
- Tap “Restore iPhone” to restore the device with a clean install of iOS.
After the process is complete, you can set up the iPhone from scratch, or with a backup if you made one before the support.apple.com/iphone/restore issue occurred.
5. Contact Apple Support
Lastly, if all the solutions we have mentioned in this guide did not work, it could be a hardware issue and not a software issue. In this case, we advise you to contact Apple Customer Service by phone, or to make an appointment at the Genius Bar closest to you, in order to diagnose your iPhone.
Apple Support will be able to support your iPhone if it is still under warranty, or if you have purchased an Apple Care insurance extension. It all depends on the problem encountered.
IPhone stuck on « support.apple.com/iphone/restore » is a real disabling problem, which unfortunately can arise at any time. In addition, your iPhone will no longer be operational until it is repaired. Fortunately, there are several solutions to fix this software bug or problem.
The best solution is to arm yourself with the AnyFix software to allow you to restore your iPhone at any time and without your data being erased.
Please feel free to share this guide with other users if it has helped you resolve the issue.