The recent drone attack in Saudi Arabia on the worlds largest oil processing facility has thrown the future of the Middle East into a question, as key countries decide how they will respond.
Not only did the sophisticated attack do the processing of plant interrupts the equivalent of about 5 per cent of the world's daily supply of oil, it also created a very precarious political situation.
Since the incident, the Trump administration has been very close to protecting its oil interests in Saudi Arabia and not raising tensions with Iran.
RELATED: Clue traces drone attacks to Iran
RELATED: Big mistake Trump must avoid on Iran
Yemen's Iranian-backed Houthi rebels claimed responsibility for Saturday's attacks, which knocked out more than half the country's daily crude oil supply.
However, Saudi Arabia claimed Iranian weapons were used and the attack did not come from Yemen.
These allegations were echoed by the US, which suggested the attacks were launched from Iranian soil.
Iran has continued its involvement in the attacks, though the country's President Hassan Rouhani said the attack from the Houthi’s should be taken as a warning.
"The Yemenis … haven´t hit a hospital, they haven''t hit a school, they haven’t hit Sanaa bazaar. They just hit an industrial center … to warn you, "Rouhani said after a cabinet meeting.
"Learned from this warning and thought that there could be a war in the region."
Secretary of State Mike Pompey has now headed to Jeddah in Saudi Arabia to discuss possible responses to the drone attacks.
Donald Trump's recent comments about the situation.
"I don´t want war with anybody," Mr Trump said on Spraying America's military might.
"We have the strongest military in the world … we're prepared, more than anybody."
He has also taken a cautionary line when asked about whether he would be meeting with Iranian President Rouhani at this week's session.
The US president said he would "prefer not to meet with him but added he would" never rule anything out.
Mr. Trump raised his eyebrows with his first tweets after the attack for the submissiveness he showed to Saudi Arabia about how the US would respond.
"There is reason to believe that we know the culprit, he is locked up, and he is waiting to hear from us." wrote.
Vice President Mike Pence echoed the president's statements by saying American forces were "locked and loaded" for war if needed.
"As the president said yesterday, it is" certainly looking like Iran was behind these attacks, "Pence said.
"And our intelligence community is working diligently to review evidence."
Tensions pitting Iran against the US and its allies have threatened to boil over since May last year when President Donald Trump abandoned a 2015 nuclear deal and began reimposing sanctions in a campaign of "maximum pressure".
Iran responded by scaling back its commitment under the agreement, which promised sanctioned relief in return for limiting the scope of its nuclear program.
The country's president has already rejected the possibility of negotiations with US unless it lifts all sanctions.
Mr Rouhani added that even if that happens, the scope of the talks would be limited.
The trump has been done to prevent war in Iran, it is clear