I would be "very, very disappointed" if the rocket site for the rebuilding of North Korea

0
9

President Trump said Wednesday that he would be "very, very disappointed" in North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un if the news on reconstruction at a rocket launch site in North Korea were accurate.

"I would be very disappointed if that happened, it's a relationship very soon, and it's us who put it out, but I'd be very, very disappointed by President Kim, and I do not think I'll be, but we'll see what happens. It will eventually be resolved, "Trump said during an independent White House event celebrating the return of an American who had been held hostage in Yemen.

"We have to solve a problem, we have a very bad problem there, we have to solve a problem, the relationship is good," Trump continued.

Although the president said the US had released the news of the reconstruction, it was initially reported by the South Korean Yonhap News Agency and confirmed by a pair of US think tanks.

Yonhap reported on Tuesday that work was under way to restore part of the Sohae satellite launch station even when Trump met Kim at a second summit in Hanoi last week.

The North started working to dismantle a missile testing rig in Sohae last year after committing to do it at a first summit with Trump in June.

A second summit between Trump and Kim failed in Hanoi last week because of differences over how North Korea was willing to limit its nuclear program and the willingness of the United States to alleviate sanctions.

Satellite images from 38 North, a Washington-based North Korean project, showed that the facilities on the Sohae Launch Pad had been rebuilt between February 16 and March 2, according to Jenny Town, Reuters.

The group of experts from the Center for Strategic and International Studies has published a separate report, which also cites satellite imagery, according to which North Korea was "pursuing rapid reconstruction" on the site.

Development marked another crossroads on the way to the president, who after his first summit with Kim declared that the nuclear threat from North Korea no longer existed.

Last September, he said after an exchange of letters with the killer dictator that "we fell in love".

While the rogue regime stopped testing rockets and bombs, it continued to develop its nuclear program, analysts said.

Even the US intelligence community agreed unanimously that the North continued to pose a threat to the United States in its annual threat assessment, a discovery that would irritate the commander in chief.

With Reuters

.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.