Apple today offers the final version of iOS 12.1.1, a non-secondary update. It is therefore simpler to switch from one camera to another in FaceTime and find the ability to take live photos. IPhone XR users will benefit from Haptic Touch for notifications.
The release notes also mention additional operators compatible with the eSIM function of the latest iPhone (Orange's offers should arrive at the beginning of next year); the transcription of call text on Wi-Fi calls on iPad and iPod touch; more stability for voice dictation and VoiceOver.
iOS 12.1.1 also fixes several bugs: Face ID may previously have mood swings and will not work temporarily; visual messaging sometimes had difficulty downloading messages from some correspondents; voice memos can not be uploaded to iCloud; changes to the schedule were not necessarily automatically supported.
You should know that iOS 12.1.1 is essential to take advantage of the new Apple Watch ECG app, which should be available with watchOS 5.1.2. Apple also provides the final version of tvOS 12.1.1 and an update of the HomePod software with little news: the "screen" of the speaker lights up during FaceTime group calls.
- Overview of tactile touch notifications on iPhone XR.
- Dual SIM with eSIM available for new operators on iPhone XR, iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max.
- Switch from the camera back to the camera before a single touch during a FaceTime call.
- Take live photos during individual FaceTime calls.
RTT availability (real time text) when using the Wi-Fi Calls feature on iPad and iPod touch.
- Improved stability for dictation and VoiceOver.
As for the patches, this version:
- Resolves an issue that could cause temporary deactivation of the Face ID feature.
- Resolves an issue that prevented the downloading of visual voicemail from some clients.
- Resolves an issue in Messages that may prevent the display of forecasts as you type on Chinese or Japanese keyboards.
- Resolves an issue that prevented the download of the dictation records on iCloud.
- Resolves an issue that could prevent the automatic update of time zones.
This version also offers new features and fixes for HomePod, including:
- Support in mainland China and Hong Kong.
- Lighting of the LED lights of HomePod during FaceTime group calls.