Jadon Sancho did not want the Manchester City challenge, says Pep Guardiola | Football news

0
14

Last update: 03/16/19 8:32

Jadon Sancho leaves Manchester City for Borussia Dortmund in 2017

Jadon Sancho leaves Manchester City for Borussia Dortmund in 2017

Pep Guardiola said that Jadon Sancho "didn't want the challenge" of trying to become a regular for the team at Manchester City.

The 18-year-old left the city for Borussia Dortmund in August 2017 after refusing a professional contract with the Premier League team.

Since then he has become a Bundesliga star and has so far played a splendid 2018/19 campaign, scoring nine goals and providing 11 assists in 32 games.

Sancho's form saw him gain international accolades with England, but Guardiola says the wing will never know if he could be forced into a normal City landing.

Sancho has become a star in the Bundesliga since he left the city

Sancho has become a star in the Bundesliga since he left the city

"He didn't want to take this challenge, this opportunity to find out if he could do it," said the Manchester City manager.

"He decided to go there. So it's perfect. He's going well and congratulations on what he's doing.

"He's doing an incredible performance. He has done incredibly well this season. What would have happened this season (here)? I don't know.

Sancho has been capped three times since entering England

Sancho has been capped three times since entering England

"With the players, it depends on them and what they do on the field".

Sancho was included in Gareth Southgate's 25-man team on Wednesday for the upcoming Euro 2020 qualifiers against the Czech Republic and Montenegro.

Play Super 6

Expect 6 exact scores for your chance to win £ 250K.

.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.