Karl-Heinz Rummenigge counters criticism of Bayern Munich

0
26

Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has rejected the increasingly louder criticism of the transfer policy of the German football champion. “I understand that there is impatience. But I'm not nervous at all. We will have a team at the end of the day that will be very competitive. Our goals will not be lower. We will make some transfers until September 2nd, “said Rummenigge at the start of practice on Monday. “We are working hard on the transfer market.”

“We are not finished yet. We are basically ready to pick up what I would call a top player, “said Rummenigge. Still there was no big transfer Europe-wide. It must fall a domino. That's what everyone is waiting for, “continued the Bayern boss, adding:” We are in position and have enough patience. “FC Bayern have often had” very late transfers “like Javi Martinez, Xabi Alonso or Arjen Robben made. And anyway, the club is on the defensive already “top set up”.

So far, Bayern have the world champions Lucas Hernandez (Atletico Madrid / 80 million euros) and Benjamin Pavard (VfB Stuttgart / 35) and storm talent Jann-Fiete Arp (Hamburg / 3) committed. With striker Leroy Sané of Manchester City, Rummenigge has not given up hope: “He wanted to think about his future on vacation, he did. Now we have to wait and see if something moves. “

Definitely looking for the FC Bayern nor players for the outside line like Sané or Ousmane Dembele (FC Barcelona). Callum Hudson-Odoi (Chelsea FC) and Timo Werner of RB Leipzig are supposedly scheduled for the 2020/21 season. According to “kicker” Bayern should also think about U-21 international Benjamin Henrichs (AS Monaco), which is defensively flexible. The picture also brings Steven Bergwijn (PSV Eindhoven) into conversation.

The future of Jerome Boateng, whom Bayern wants to relinquish, remains open. For the former world champion is allegedly but no offer. One must wait, so Rummenigge, “how things develop. He has to position himself “. With the willing to leave Renato Sanches, the Bavarians are still waiting in the face of the sparse squad.

The sporting goals in the new season would not be “lower,” said Rummenigge after winning the championship and the DFB Cup in the first year with coach Niko Kovac. “We will have to do one or the other transfer, qua quantity of the squad. We have quality, “said Rummenigge.

Rummenigge has led after the critical statements of Manuel Neuers advisor Thomas Kroth in relation to the previous transfer activities of the German football champion a clarifying conversation with the captain. “I had a telephone call with Manuel Neuer this morning,” reported Rummenigge on Monday in Munich.

This revealed that Kroth adviser Kroth had not “been the mouthpiece of Manuel Neuer in this matter”. “This is a purely private opinion of Thomas Kroth, which has been noted at FC Bayern. I thought she was a bit strange, “remarked Rummenigge. So far, the club with Kroth “always had a very serious and good relationship.”

Neuers advisor had described his impression in the “Süddeutsche Zeitung” over the weekend, according to which the distance of the Bayern to the four English top teams “already serious” and the Munich player squad is currently not yet “competitively positioned” to the high goals to approach his client “seriously”. Kroth had also questioned the whereabouts of the 33-year-old national goalkeeper Neuer over the term of the current contract (until mid-2021).

(TagToTranslate) Karl-Heinz Rummenigge Benjamin Pavard Leroy Sané Manuel Neuer Thomas Kroth (t) Javi Martínez (t) Xabi Alonso

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.