After that it became known that the Black Panther star Chadwick Boseman dies, Saturday night, Boseman is hailed on social media.
Boseman was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2016, and fought a battle against cancer for four years. He never spoke openly about the diagnosis.
Social media is flooded with tributes to Boseman. Among them is Oprah Winfrey.
– For a gifted soul. Shows us all the greatness between surgery and chemotherapy. Courage and strength, the power needed to do so. This is what dignity looks like, she writes on Twitter.
An extraordinary talent
The chairman of The Walt Disney Company, Bob Iger, has also expressed his tribute to the superstar. The company has produced the Marvel movies that made Boseman a star.
Iger describes Chadwick as an extraordinary talent, and one of the best souls he has ever met.
– He gave enormous strength, dignity and depth to his role as Black Panther. He shattered myths and stereotypes, and became a long-awaited hero for millions around the world. He inspires us all to dream bigger and demand more than the status quo. We grieve over everything he was, and everything he was destined to become.
On behalf of Disney, Iger also sends thoughts and condolences to Boseman’s family.
On Instagram, stars have dedicated posts and warm words to Boseman.
– Will miss you mate. This is heartbreaking. One of the kindest, most genuine people I have ever met, writes actor colleague Chris Hemsworth.
Colleague and friend Chris Evans is devastated after receiving the message about his good friend.
– This is completely heartbreaking. Chadwick was special, a true original. He would continue to create so much more of his amazing work. I am deeply grateful for our friendship, he writes on Instagram.
– Thank you for your exceptional work, your character and your leadership. I love you brother, writes actress Mahershala Ali.
Samuel L. Jackson thanks Boseman.
– Thank you for everything you gave us. A talented and rewarding artist, and a brother who will be sorely missed, he writes on Twitter.
Time about the diseases
On Saturday night, representatives of the actor confirmed to the news agency AP that he died after a four-year battle against cancer.
BBC writes that Boseman died in his home in Los Angeles with his wife and immediate family around him.
It is with great sadness that we confirm that Chadwick Boseman is dead, it says on his own Twitter account.
– Chadwick was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2016, and has been battling for the past four years. He fought his way through the disease and gave you so many movies you love so much, it continues.
Boseman was only 43 years old.