Axel Kicillof, Governor of the province of Buenos Aires, referred this Monday, September 28 to the controversy that was generated by the deceased who added after the change in methodology, and the accusations that the province “concealed” data in relation to the coronavirus pandemic. Kicillof assured that his management “does not come to hide or hide” but to “show the problems and solve them”, and pointed to those who “They want to keep seeing ghosts.”
In a act in Escobar next to the president Alberto Fernandez, the provincial president said: “Today was the issue of deaths in the Province. Máximo (Kirchner) and (Daniel) Gollán already explained it well, but some want to continue seeing ghosts. It is much simpler: the Province is at the disposal of the City of Buenos Aires and all the provinces to supply the systems so that we can more quickly know the statistics of the pandemic, “said Kicillof.
“We did not come to hide, we did not come to hide, we came to show to solve. That is what was done”, expressed the governor. And he added: “Sometimes things are much simpler than a great conspiracy. Problems can be hidden, they can be hidden, you can work with marketing, you can pay a certain sector of the press to lie and to hide. Or things can be shown as they are but addressed and solved. “
In the words of Kicillof, “there is a State present that in the pandemic put on its pants and skirts and went to work so that no one lacks anything.”
Meanwhile, in a press conference offered by the province of Buenos Aires this Monday on the epidemiological situation and the Buenos Aires phase scheme, officials also referred to the issue. Carlos Bianco, Chief of Staff, considered that those who accuse the province of wanting to hide the figures “They have a miserable and opportunistic attitude.”
From the Golden Room of the Buenos Aires Government House, the Chief of Staff, the Vice Minister of Health, Nicolas Kreplak, and the Undersecretary of Information Management, Permanent Education and Supervision of the Ministry of Health, Leticia Ceriani, They presented updated figures on the evolution of the pandemic in the province and the status of the phase scheme in the 135 districts of Buenos Aires.
There, Bianco referred to the opposition’s questions and stated that those who point out that the province “tried to hide the dead have a miserable and opportunistic attitude,” and added that “they want to take political advantage of the handling of a pandemic.” Since the databases of the Argentine Integrated Health Information System (SISA), the Bed Management System (Sigec) and the People’s Registry (Renaper) were interwoven, the province added 3,523 deaths in its territory to the count.
In that sense, the official said that “far from wanting to hide something, we put light on a problem that existed in the province, which is registered throughout the world and in other jurisdictions in Argentina.” With the new system, Bianco said, “it seeks to clear doubts or suspicions.”
For the Buenos Aires Chief of Cabinet, “wanting to get a political slice with this type of speculation in the framework of a pandemic, which involves joint efforts, very strong assistance to municipalities and the health system in general, is opportunistic and miserable from the human point of view. “
In the same vein, the Deputy Minister of Health Nicolás Kreplak focused on the need to lower the cases of Covid-19 in the country “after the outbreak that occurred in mid-August, after a series of very strong openings” and asked “Trying not to do this, which is opportunistic and of a low ilk,” in reference to criticism for updating the data.
On the other hand, Kreplak pointed out that to date the contagion rate among health personnel is 5.5%, and with respect to the number of tests, he detailed in the last week they have been carried out an average of 9,800 daily, which shows a decrease in demand. Since the beginning of October, he said that 1,137 residents will join the plant of the province’s health system, which “speaks of the value that doctors place on the quality of the public health system.”
At the moment, the province of Buenos Aires registered a total of 401,862 cases of coronavirus, of which 329,667 were recovered. As explained by the Undersecretary of Information Management Leticia Ceriani, in recent weeks there has been a certain stabilization in the number of infections in the Metropolitan Area of Buenos Aires (AMBA), while the interior of the province already represents 24% of the cases.
Regarding the level of occupancy of intensive therapy beds, Ceriani pointed out that of the 6,253 available throughout the province, 50.9% are occupied, while considering the AMBA in particular, the figures are 3,018 beds and 61.7% occupancy.
In the provincial territory, there are currently 41 municipalities that are in phase 3, 75 in phase 4 and 19 in phase 5. Carlos Bianco also announced that, based on the definition of strict protocols and in coordination with the national government, from next Monday, October 5, the districts in phase 3 will be enabled to enter temples to pray, as well as the performance of rites religious in the open air and with a limited number of people.
Likewise, from next Monday, the districts in phase 4 will be able to carry out workshops and rehearsals in cultural establishments and the assistance of artists to their studios. For all the districts, the provincial government asked the Nation to evaluate the possibility of advancing in the qualification with the filming protocol for film, television and audiovisual platforms.