KOMPAS.com – Black eye bags are common.
Usually also accompanied by swollen eye bags.
Many think that dark eye bags are caused by lack of sleep.
Also read: 5 Easy Ways to Overcome Eye Bags
In fact, there are many causes and there are also several how to get rid of dark eye bags such as the following.
Launch Medical News Todayeye bags can darken because there is a narrowing of blood vessels causing hyperpigmentation, or also due to thinning of the skin around the eyes.
Besides, there are some causes of black eye bagslike:
- Lack of sleep or poor sleep habits
- Hyperpigmentation that occurs because the body produces more melanin
- Reduced fat tissue around the eyes
- Anemia or iron deficiency
- Too much exposure to the sun
- Too often rub your eyes
- Smoking habit
- Thyroid conditions
- Use of eye drops for glaucoma
Although there are various causes of dark eye bags, Cleveland Clinic explain that the condition is not a symptom of a particular disease.
Black eye bags are actually nothing to worry about and are not a serious medical problem.
Even so, black eye bags will be a little disturbing appearance so many want to get rid of them.
Don’t worry, Cleveland Clinic mention a few how to get rid of dark eye bags naturallylike:
- Get enough sleep at least seven hours a day.
- Sleep with a high pillow to prevent fluid buildup under the eyes so it doesn’t look puffy.
- Applying cold compresses to the eyes to treat constriction of blood vessels.
- Apply cucumber slices on the eyes.
- Apply cold tea bags under the eyes to improve blood circulation.
- Perform facial treatments that also focus on massage around the eyes.
- Using makeup, like concealer and foundationfor cover dark eye bags.
Also read: 13 Ways to Get Rid of Eye Bags Naturally
Get updates featured news and breaking news every day from Kompas.com. Let’s join the Telegram group “Kompas.com News Update”, how to click the link https://t.me/kompascomupdate, then join. You must first install the Telegram application on your cellphone.