KOMPAS.com – DKI Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan has changed the names of a number of roads in Jakarta.
Anies Baswedan changed the names of the 22 roads with the names of Betawi figures.
Anies said the street names were changed to the names of Betawi figures as a form of appreciation to historical figures for their services in the journey and development of the city of Jakarta.
According to him, many Betawi figures have been born into individuals who have made progress throughout their lives.
For that reason, the name of the character deserves to be given an award by being installed as a street name.
List of changed street names and their changes
The following is a list of the roads that Anies changed along with their new names:
- Cultural Street becomes Fat Entong Street
- Jalan Bekasi Timur Raya became Jalan Haji Darip
- Jalan Raya Bambu Apus becomes Jalan Mpok Nori
- Jalan Raya Pondok Gede becomes Jalan H Bokir Bin Dji’un
- A dead end becomes Raden Ismail Street
- West Side BKT Road becomes Rama Ratu Jaya Street
- West Babakan Setu Bank becomes Jalan H Roim Sa’ih
- East Setu Babakan Bank becomes Jalan KH Ahmad Suhaimi
- Srikaya Street becomes Mahbub Djunaidi Street
- Jalan Raya Pasar Minggu (north side) becomes Jalan KH Guru Amin
- Jalan Warung Buncit Raya became Jalan Hj Tutty Alawiyah
- Jalan Tanah Tinggi 1 Gang 5 becomes Jalan A Hamid Arief
- Jalan Senen Raya becomes Jalan H Imam Sapi’ie
- SMP 76 Street becomes Abdullah Ali Street
- Jalan Kebon Kacang Raya (north side) becomes Jalan M Mashabi
- Jalan Kebon Kacang Raya (south side) becomes Jalan HM Shaleh
- Cikini VII Street becomes Tino Sidin Street
- The road in front of the Muara Angke Nature Park becomes Jalan Mualim Teko
- The West Outer Ring Road becomes Sheikh Junaid Al Batawi Street
- Swamp Crocodile Road becomes Guru Ma’mun Path
- The road on Panggang Island becomes Kyai Mursalin Street
- The road on Panggang Island became Jalan Habib Ali Bin Ahmad.
There is still another place to change
Anies said, after 22 names new road which was inaugurated on June 20, 2022, there will be a number of other places that will be changed to use the names of Betawi figures.
According to him, this is because there are many names of figures that are immortalized so that the public and the younger generation know the services of these figures.
“I need to say here that there are so many names that have contributed. We will work on it in batches, this is an initial wave and later it is hoped that all those who have contributed can have records in this city,” said Anies.
Citizens must come to the dukcapil
This road change of course has an impact on changes in population administration data for people living in DKI Jakarta.
The Director General of the Population and Civil Registration Service (Dukcapil) Zuddan Arif Fakrulloh said residents who live in the place being replaced must update their population data.
“This all has implications, the upstream is regional administration, so changes in regional data will result in changes to population administration data and public services,” said Zudan in an official statement received Kompas.com, Friday (24/6/2022).
He said, with this road change, new KK, KTP, and Child Identity Cards (KIA) must be made.
Zudan said the Ministry of Home Affairs would support the replacement of residence documents as soon as possible.
“The Directorate General of Dukcapil will provide the facilities needed by DKI, including providing additional forms of e-KTP,” said Zudan.
He further explained that changing population data requires the active involvement of the community in managing population documents and other related documents.
“To take care of it, residents can come to the Dukcapil or Dukcapil Service who pick up the ball to the RT/RW. For adult residents, ID cards are immediately made, KIA is made for children, at the same time both are made KK,” explained Zudan.
Get updates news of choice and breaking news every day from Kompas.com. Let’s join the Telegram group “Kompas.com News Update”, how to click the link https://t.me/kompascomupdate, then join. You must first install the Telegram application on your cellphone.