In the letter, the 44-year-old writes according to the German tabloid picture about the case for the first time.
German authorities have only identified the main suspect as “Christian B.”
In the letter, which the sender calls a press release, he agrees RTL not a position on the question of guilt, but directs strong criticism at the public prosecutors Hans Christian Wolters and Ute Lindemann.
The sender demands that they both resign their positions.
«A public condemnation campaign»
The letter, dated May 8, states that the sender feels prejudiced.
– Accusing someone of a crime is one thing. It is something completely different, namely a scandal, when a public prosecutor starts a public condemning campaign before the trial is even underway, it is written.
The West writes that Christian B. does not want to comment on the letter to them.
Kidnapped from the bedroom
Since June last year, Christian B. has been the main suspect in abducting and killing three-year-old Madeleine McCann in Praia de Luz, Portugal in 2007.
McCann slept with his two siblings while his parents and two couples ate at a tapas restaurant 50 meters away.
At 10 pm, the children’s mother, Kate McCann, was to look after the children, and then the three-year-old was gone.
Christian B. lived periodically between 1995 and 2007 on the Algarve coast near the place where the McCann family was on holiday.
– Every day that passes is a new day without Madeleine:
Secure in its case
German authorities are sure that Christian B. has something to do with the disappearance, and believe that they have proof that the girl is dead.
Christian B.’s defender, Friedrich Fulscher, has stated that the police have taken the wrong man and that he reacts strongly to the fact that he has not been allowed to see this evidence.
– If you knew the evidence I do, you will come to the same conclusion as me, but I can not give you the details because we do not want the suspect to know what we know about him, said State Attorney Hans Christian Wolters to BBC.
Rape and abuse
The German is currently serving a prison sentence in Kiel for a drug conviction.
He has 17 convictions, including rape, abuse of minors, possession of child pornography, burglary and drug possession.
The rape took place two years before Madeleine disappeared – and then in the same holiday complex the three-year-old was kidnapped from, Ocean Club.
The letter claims that public prosecutor and prosecutor Hans Christian Wolter’s statements have damaged the German legal system.
– You have proved to the whole world that through random accusations, based on past and scandalous campaigns, you are unsuitable as a lawyer for the honest, German people who trust in justice. You bring shame on the German legal system, it says.
– We love you and are waiting for you
– Congratulations on your 18th birthday, Madeleine. We love you, and we are waiting for you, and we will never give up on you, her parents Gerry and Kate McCann wrote on the Facebook page “Official Find Madeleine Campaign”.
Hans Christian Wolters is expected to file charges against Brueckner during the summer.
– When we have finished the investigation, we will inform the public about the results, and also provide other details, Wolters has stated.