The coronavirus hit football and footballers squarely. Not only because it forced all leagues to a stop that threatens to nullify what happened in the 2019/2020 season. Also for the positive cases for Covid-19 who registered with the teams and spread panic among the elite players.
The case of the Uruguayan Martín Cáceres it’s in every newspaper in the world. The side of the Fiorentina revealed that he had the virus for two months. He lived with the uncertainty of seeing the positive before each new test that the doctors of that club in the A series they were practicing him.
“I had the first symptoms in the week of March 8-15. In the following days I felt the virus in my lungs. They told me that I had to be in quarantine for 20 days for it to happen, but it seems that the virus fell in love with me, it didn’t want to go, “he said. The Peeled.
“I suffered from coronavirus for 60 days. I had the first symptoms in the week of March 8-15. In the following days I felt the virus in my lungs.” Martín Cáceres told how he faced his days of isolation. pic.twitter.com/QVFVrKE3fR
– DAT (From 🏡) (@DeportesAlTaco) May 18, 2020
The former defender of the FC Barcelona and the Juventus, 33, noticed the first symptoms of a flu in early March, after having disputed Udinese-Fiorentina, which was the last game for the championship of Fiorentina before the Italian government decreed quarantine.
“Without knowing it, I had the coronavirus for 60 days in my body. Now finally I have tested negative for two consecutive buffers and I feel like a new man, ”he added.
Cáceres was born in Montevideo in April 1987. He started in Defender Sporting. Then he had a step by the league, in Recreational Huelva and FC Barcelona. After he emigrated to Serie A, he was multi-champion with the Juventus. Return to Spain to defend the colors of Seville. He played in the Premier League, in Southampton. After a season in United Kingdom Return to Italy to play in Hellas Verona and Lazio. In August 2019 he signed for Fiorentina. With the selection of its country it played the world-wide ones South Africa 2010, Brazil 2014 and Russia 2018.
There is still no date for the return of football in Italy. It was expected that group training for the teams from the A series. The technical scientific committee authorized the necessary permission.
The leaders of the Calcium They asked the national government to approve a protocol so that the teams can resume practices on their sports fields.
The north of Italy is the epicenter of the coronavirus in Europe. Teams like Atalanta, the Fiorentina and the Juventus they had to regret positive cases among their players.
It is worth noting the shock that the news generated that Daniele Rugani, defense of the Vecchia Signora, had been diagnosed with coronavirus. He was the first footballer in that country to test positive.
Follow Real Madrid Now on Facebook
Follow FC Barcelona Now on Facebook