LANSING, MI – The Mega Millions jackpot continues to grow as the winner of the $ 221 million jackpot for the drawing is held on Friday, Apr. 26.
That means the drawing on Tuesday, Apr. 30 will be worth $ 229 million with a cash option of $ 140.3 million.
The Mega Millions numbers for Apr. 26: 9-17-23-30-46
The Gold Mega Ball: 10
The Megaplier: 4
Mega Millions winners for Apr. 26:
· Along with no grand prize winner, no one matched all five white numbers drawn to win $ 1 million.
· In Michigan, one ticket sold won $ 10,000. That was the largest prize won in the state.
· There were 333,249 tickets sold that won at least $ 4 in the drawing. In Michigan, 13,765 tickets sold won at least $ 4.
Mega Millions drawings are held Tuesday and Friday at 11 p.m. Five balls are drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 70; the mega ball is drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 25. The odds of winning the jackpot is 1 in 302 million.
Mega Millions is played in 44 states, plus the District of Columbia and the Virgin Islands. Tickets cost $ 2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Powerball drawing is Saturday night, Apr. 27 with an estimated jackpot of $ 166 million and a cash option of $ 102.9 million.
· The next Lot 47 drawing is also Saturday night, Apr. 27 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $ 4.75 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Saturday's Fantasy 5 jackpot is an estimated $ 110,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
The drawing comes just days after a Genesee County $ 4 million playing an instant lottery ticket. The 60-year-old winner had actually won $ 2,000 last month playing the same game.
His win was just a day after a Lansing man claimed for $ 1 million prize. He was so shocked by his win that he was being pranked at first.
Those two winners are just two of a handful of major winners in recent weeks. In March, Wayne County woman claimed a $ 4 million winning instant lottery ticket. The 28-year-old said she actually dreamed of winning a $ 4 million lottery prize just a few months before her big win.
Or last jackpot were Kevin and Stephanie Blake of Waterford who $ 21 million after splitting for $ 42 million jackpot on Oct. 13, 2017. After winning, the couple said they would not retire and would continue working.
And when they were lucky winners, it´s smart for players to check their tickets immediately. $ 1 million sold in Ypsilanti last year went unclaimed this month as well The ticket was purchased at the CVS in Ypsilanti, but the winner never came forward to the prize. The money instead went to the state's School Aid Fund.
Speaking of coming, the winner of the $ 1.5 billion Mega Millions jackpot from last year The winner's identity was not revealed yet as the player is from South Carolina, to state that we want to conceal their identity when claiming jackpot prizes.
If you like the next player from Michigan to win a huge lottery prize, take a look at these tips from lottery expert Richard Lustig. The author of "Learn How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning The Lottery" has won more than $ 1 million in Florida by winning top jackpot prizes in smaller games.