Earlier this year, Microsoft introduced Microsoft 365 Copilot, which brings new artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities to applications used by millions of people every day, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Microsoft Teams, etc.
On Tuesday, the company announced that it is expanding early access to Microsoft 365 Copilot and introducing new features. Microsoft also released new data and insights from its 2023 Job Trends Index Reports: Will Artificial Intelligence Change Work? Will AI Fix Work?)
The data shows that the pace of work has accelerated faster than people can keep up with change, and that’s fueling innovation. The next generation of AI will ease the workload. Organizations that are the first to adopt artificial intelligence will break out of the vicious circle, increasing the creativity and productivity of everyone.
“This next generation of artificial intelligence will eliminate hard work and unleash creativity,” said Microsoft Chairman and CEO Satya Nadella. “Artificial intelligence tools can dramatically reduce digital debt, expand the adoption of AI, and empower workers.”
In the latest in the labor trends report Here are three key insights for business leaders who want to understand and responsibly adopt AI in their organizations:
1. “Digital debt” is costing us innovation. We all have digital debts: data, email. the volume of letters and chats exceeded our capacity to process them. There is an opportunity to make existing communication more productive. Every minute spent dealing with these digital debts is a minute taken away from creative work. 64 percent of employees do not have enough time and energy to do their work and these employees are 3.5 times more likely to say that it is difficult for them to be innovative or think strategically. It is estimated that a person, when working with Microsoft 365, spends an average of 57%. devotes time to communication, and only 43 percent – for creativity.
2. The New Alliance of Artificial Intelligence and Workers. For workers, the promise of making work easier outweighs the fear of losing it, and managers are looking to empower workers with AI, not replace them. 49 percent of people say they are worried that AI will take their jobs, but even more – 70% – delegate as much work as possible to artificial intelligence to reduce its workload. In fact, managers are 2x more likely to say that AI would be most valuable in their work by increasing productivity rather than reducing the number of employees.
3. Every employee needs to use AI. Every worker, not just AI experts, will need new core competencies like rapid engineering every day. 82 percent managers expect that workers will need new skills in the era of artificial intelligence, and by 2023 March. according to data, the number of job advertisements in the USA on LinkedIn soc. network that mentions GPT has grown by 79 percent over the year. This new, in-demand, AI-driven skill set will impact everything from resumes to job postings.
“The pace and volume of work has grown exponentially and is outpacing human capacity to keep up,” said Jared Spataro, CVP’s Contemporary Work and Business Program Manager. – In a world where creativity is the new productivity, digital debt is more than an inconvenience – it’s a threat to innovation. The next generation of artificial intelligence will reduce the workload and allow us all to focus on the work that matters.”
To empower businesses in the era of artificial intelligence, Microsoft is introducing the Microsoft 365 Copilot Early Access Program. In the initial phase, invitation-only access to the paid program will be available to 600 business customers worldwide. Also, Microsoft 365 Copilot and Microsoft Viva will add the following new capabilities:
- „Copilot in Whiteboard“ will make Microsoft Teams meetings and brainstorming more creative and efficient. Verbally, Copilot can be asked to generate ideas, categorize ideas into themes, create designs that realize the ideas, and summarize content written on the board.
Having integrated DALL-E, an OpenAI image generator, to Copilot in PowerPointusers will be able to ask Copilot to create custom images to illustrate their content.
- Copilot in Outlook will provide tips and suggestions for clarity, mood, and tone to help users write more effective emails. letters and communicate more confidently.
- Copilot in OneNote will help you create plans, generate ideas, make lists and organize information so that users can easily find what they need.
- Copilot in Viva Learning will use a natural language conversational interface to help users create a personalized learning plan, including creating ways to improve skills, discovering the learning resources they need.
To help every customer prepare to use artificial intelligence more effectively, Microsoft also introduces „Semantic Index for Copilot“ – A new tool rolling out to all Microsoft 365 E3 and E5 customers.
To learn more, please visit Official Microsoft Blog, Microsoft 365 Blog and check out the new Labor Trends Report Work Trend Index.
Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT” @microsoft) is enabling digital transformation in the smart cloud and smart technology era. Its mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
#Microsoft #Copilot #Early #Access #Program #Launches #labor #trends