Toronto FC won their third seasonal victory of the season on Saturday night, riding in the second half Alejandro Pozuelo and Jozy Altidore's attacks on a 2-0 victory over Canadian rivals Montreal Impact.
Pozuelo recorded his eighth year in the 61st minute, capitalizing on Micheal Azira's midfielder turnover. His right curler arrived after leading the Impact defense without any dispute, leaving goalkeeper Evan Bush with little chance.
Now in the 65th minute, lightning storms have passed the Stade Saputo, causing a delay of 26 minutes. Once the teams returned to the field, the game went in favor of Montreal, even though Toronto goalkeeper Quentin Westberg finished with four saves, including a stunner of 93 & # 39; on Maxi Urruti at the near post.
When Toronto absorbed the pressures, it almost found an insurance strike at 86, even though Bush came out well to deny Justin Morrow's escape. The rebound bounced off Tsubasa Endoh, whose right-footer was eliminated from the line by Montreal defender Jukka Raitala.
The advantage was finally doubled in the 95th minute on an Altidore stunner on a free kick. His attack rattled the pole and inside, giving him six goals during the year.
- BIG PICTURE: Montreal lost the third consecutive game, and this time it struck more when they arrived home in Toronto. As for the reds, the return of Michael Bradley and Jozy Altidore went beautifully, in addition to Omar Gonzalez he had a quality debut. Post game emotions were polar opposites, to put it lightly.
– Toronto FC (@TorontoFC) 14 July 2019
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Altidore's free kick from 25 yards out nods here, and not just because of the quality of the strike. The US national men's team celebrated by beating Montreal fans, adding a bit of pepper to the rivalry. This was Altidore's first game since he performed for the USMNT at the Concacaf Gold Cup.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Gonzalez made his Toronto debut and immediately joined the front-line Reds leader. USMNT defender completed the role of midfielder Chris Mavinga quite well, then deployed a bottom line of five men when Eriq Zavaleta was led to preserve the result.
- MTL: Saturday 20 July at the Columbus Crew SC (7:30 pm ET | TVAS, MLS LIVE on ESPN + in the US)
- TOR: Wednesday 17 July against New York Red Bulls (8 pm ET | TSN 4/5, MLS LIVE on ESPN + in the United States)