Scientists at London Covid College have discovered that the virus occurs in six different forms
Scientists at London Covid College found that coronavirus occurs in 6 different forms, each of which has its own group of symptoms. The experts made such conclusions based on the data collected in the Covid Symptom application.
According to the researchers, the majority of patients who require assisted ventilation enter the hospital only 13 days after the first symptoms are detected. It is assumed that with the help of the new discovery, one can predict who needs hospitalization and mechanical ventilation. It all depends on the early symptoms of an infected person, notes The Sun.
“If we can identify severe patients on the fifth day of illness, we will have time to support them and take early steps, such as monitoring blood oxygen and sugar levels and ensuring proper hydration. This is a simple care that you can provide at home, preventing hospitalization and saving lives, ”says study author Dr. Claire Steves of King’s College London.
Since the symptoms of coronavirus vary widely, artificial intelligence has divided the manifestations of the virus into five conventional forms:
- Flu-like without fever. Patients in this cluster complain of headache, loss of smell and taste, muscle pain, cough, sore throat, chest pain. The temperature is not elevated.
- Flu-like with fever. Headache, loss of smell and taste, cough, sore throat, hoarseness, fever and loss of appetite.
- CCT. Patients in this cluster experience headaches, loss of smell, loss of appetite, diarrhea, sore throat, chest pain. There is no cough.
- Severe Level 1: Fatigue. Headaches, loss of smell, cough, fever, hoarseness, chest pain, feeling tired.
- Severe Level 2: Confusion. Again headaches, loss of smell, loss of appetite, cough, fever, hoarseness, sore throat, chest pain, fatigue, confusion, muscle pain.
- Severe level 3, gastrointestinal tract and respiratory system. Patients in this category will have a number of symptoms, such as: headache, loss of smell, loss of appetite, cough, fever, hoarseness, sore throat, chest pain, fatigue, confusion, muscle pain, shortness of breath, diarrhea, and abdominal pain .
We add that headache is a pronounced symptom. Earlier, scientists at King’s College London found that 62 percent of coronavirus patients suffer from this symptom.
More recently, scientists called on WHO to include one more in the list of main symptoms of COVID-19: skin rash. According to some experts, skin rashes are a key sign of coronavirus infection in children.