New York Times: Trump's fake video that photographs his critics and the media shown at his resort

0
22

The video, which was shown at Trump's National Doral Miami during a three-day conference held by American Priority, includes the Trump 2020 re-election offer logo and showcases a series of Internet memes, according to the Times. A part of the video, according to the Times, shows a fake Trump head mounted on the body of a man who opens fire in the "Church of false news" on a group whose faces have been modified to appear as a group of critics and organizations journalists of Trump.

According to the Times, the clip ends with Trump driving a stake in the head of a person who has the CNN logo for a face before getting up and smiling as he looks around. The clip appears to have been modified from a scene in the church massacre in the 2014 movie "Kingsman: The Secret Service", reports the Times.

CNN cannot independently verify the video from Sunday evening and has not shared its contents. CNN confirmed that the video was played during the conference and not in the main ballroom.

"Unfortunately, this is not the first time that the President's supporters have promoted violence against the media in a video that apparently finds fun – but it is by far the worst. The images depicted are vile and horrible," he said. CNN in a statement Sunday night. "The president and his family, the White House and the Trump campaign must denounce him immediately in the strongest possible terms. Anything less equals tacit support for violence and should not be tolerated by anyone."

Tim Murtaugh, a spokesman for the Trump campaign, told the Times he knew nothing about the video. "That video was not produced by the campaign and we do not forgive the violence," he said.

The event organizer, Alex Phillips, told the Times Sunday that the video was played at the conference in a "meme show".

"The content was submitted by third parties and was not associated or approved by the conference in an official capacity," said Phillips. "The American priority rejects all political violence and aims to promote a healthy dialogue on the preservation of freedom of speech. This issue is under review."

The former White House press secretary Sarah Sanders and President Donald Trump Jr.'s son should have spoken at the conference, the Times reported. Sanders told the paper that he didn't see the video and that a person close to Trump Jr. told the Times that he didn't see it either.

"I was there to talk at a prayer breakfast, where I talked about unity and reuniting the country," Sanders told the Times. "I wasn't aware of any videos, nor do I support violence of any kind against anyone."

The White House correspondents' association participated in the Sunday night video, saying: "All Americans should condemn this representation of violence directed against journalists".

"The WHCA is horrified by a video apparently shown over the weekend at a political conference organized by supporters of the President at the Trump National Doral in Miami. All Americans should condemn this representation of violence directed against journalists and political opponents of the President" said Jonathan Karl, president of the association. "Previously we told the President that his rhetoric could incite violence. Now we ask him and all those associated with this conference to denounce this video and state that violence has no place in our society."

.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.