LANSING, MI – One lucky Tennessee player was the only winner of the $ 198 million jackpot for the draw held Saturday, July 13th.
This means that the withdrawal on Wednesday 17 July will be worth $ 40 million with a cash option of $ 25.9 million.
Powerball numbers (white) for July 13: 13-23-32-35-68
The Powerball Power Red number: 21
The Power Play number: 3
Powerball winners for July 13:
· Together with the grand prize winner, two players matched all five white numbers drawn to win $ 1 million. Those tickets were sold in California and North Carolina.
· However, neither player played the Power Play option which would have increased their winnings to $ 2 million.
· In Michigan, three tickets sold won $ 300 in the draw. That was the biggest prize won in the state.
· There were 670,878 tickets sold that won at least $ 4 in the draw. In Michigan, 20,961 tickets sold won at least $ 4.
Powerball is offered in 44 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and a red ball (from 1 to 26). Tickets cost $ 2 each.
In other Michigan lottery news:
· The next design of Mega Millions is Tuesday, July 16th with an estimated jackpot of $ 137 million and a cash option of $ 87.7 million.
· The next drawing of Lot 47 is Wednesday 17 July at 19:29. with a jackpot of $ 11.8 million. The deadline is 7:08 am that day.
· Sunday's Fantasy 5 jackpot is estimated at $ 255,000. The design is at 7:29 pm The deadline is 7:08 am
For the latest on the Michigan Lottery, check the official site of the Michigan Lottery, which also offers more information on instant tickets, lotteries and other lottery games.
The design comes only a couple of weeks after a woman from Shelby Township won a $ 1 million Powerball award. This marked the fourth time in June that a Michigan player won $ 1 million by playing Mega Millions or Powerball.
On June 11, a man from Farmington Hills won $ 3 million by playing Mega Millions which was also the biggest prize ever won by a player who bought the ticket online in the history of the state.
That victory came a few days after Greg Ricardi of Clinton Township won $ 1 million by playing Mega Millions. He said he "couldn't stop smiling" after his big win.
A week earlier, a man from Eaton County won $ 1 million, which will help provide financial security for him after health problems have impacted him in recent years.
The last Michigan players to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot were Kevin and Stephanie Blake of Waterford who won $ 21 million after breaking a $ 42 million jackpot on October 13, 2017. Kevin chose the winning numbers using a combination of family birthdays. After winning, the couple said they will not retire and will continue to work.
And while they were lucky winners, it is clever for players to check their tickets immediately because a winner worth $ 1 million sold to Ypsilanti last year went unclaimed. The ticket was purchased from the Ypsilanti CVS, but the winner never showed up to claim the prize. Instead, the money went to the state school aid fund.
If you want to be the next Michigan player to win a huge lottery prize, take a look at the suggestions from the lottery enrista Richard Lustig. The author of "Learn how to increase your chances of winning the lottery" has won over $ 1 million in Florida by winning the first jackpot prizes in smaller games.