Lawyers for one of Jeffrey Epstein's victims blew out Prince Andrew's claims that a photo with the royal arm around her is a fake.
In a new letter to the Duke of York they state that his denials are "offensive" to Virginia Roberts and ask to interview him about his friendship with the rich pedophile Epstein, The sun relationships.
Ms. Roberts said she had "lent" Epstein to Andrew for sexual intercourse – he says he vehemently denies.
Prince Andrew was once depicted with his arm around her when he was 17 at a party organized by the billionaire Epstein and his supposed "British lady" Ghislaine Maxwell.
Maxwell has also strenuously denied any wrongdoing.
It has been reported that the Prince and his lawyers have questioned the authenticity of the images with sources claiming that his fingers are "chubby" and do not resemble the hand seen in the infamous picture.
Epstein, 66, was found dead in his prison cell in Manhattan on August 10 while awaiting a sex trafficking trial with 14-year-old girls.
Lawyers for Mrs. Roberts, who also uses the married name Virginia Roberts Giuffre, wrote to the Duke of York and even offered to fly to London to talk to him.
"We now see, for example, a disturbing statement attributed to you that a well-documented photograph of you, Virginia Roberts Giuffre and Ghislaine Maxwell in each other's company is a" fake "," say Brad Edwards and David Boies.
The lawyers say that "your denials and public statements about our client are hurting them".
In their letter, a copy of which was obtained from The Sun Online, lawyers state that "in light of similar denials we would require an interview with you".
During the meeting "lawyers representing various victims of Mr. Epstein, including lawyers representing Ms Giuffre, would ask you questions about your relationship with Mr. Epstein".
The lawyers give the Prince their security "that we will proceed with the utmost respect while we explore your relationship with Mr. Epstein, Mrs Maxwell and Mrs. Giuffre".
"This, of course, would allow you to respond fully in a dignified manner and in an appropriate environment that, in our opinion, would clarify the documentation for the benefit of everyone, including yours," they say.
They also say they are "perplexed" and "disappointed". Prince did not respond to previous requests for collaboration.
Despite Epstein's death, 16 of Epstein's alleged victims had the chance to tell heartbreaking stories.
Outside the southern district court in New York, Manhattan, Roberts said of Andrew: "He knows what he did and can confirm it.
"He knows exactly what he did – and I hope he is safe."
Epstein was jailed for 18 months in Florida in 2008 on charges of soliciting a child for prostitution.
But despite the belief, Prince Andrew continued to see Epstein – and he was imagined to be with him in his $ 113 million Manhattan villa in 2010.
At the end of last month the Duke broke his silence is the silence to express "a huge sympathy" for Epstein's victims in a long declaration released by the Palace.
He also said it was a "mistake" to see Epstein after his release from prison.
A previous statement by Buckingham Palace said: "The Duke of York was shocked by the recent reports of Jeffrey Epstein's alleged crimes.
"His Royal Highness deplores the exploitation of any human being and the suggestion he would have forgiven, participated in or encouraged such behavior is repugnant."
A spokesman said: "It is emphatically denied that the Duke of York had any form of contact or sexual relationship with Virginia Roberts. Any contrary statement is false and without foundation. "
This article originally appeared on The sun and has been reproduced with permission