On Thursday night last week, the stage was set for the annual charity event Royal Variety Performance at the Royal Albert Hall in London. Two self-described guests were prins William (39) and wife Duchess Kate (39).
For the occasion, Prince William wore a classic black tuxedo. The Duchess, for her part, was dressed in an emerald green sequin dress from Jenny Packham, the same dress she wore during a visit to Pakistan in 2019. She had curled her dark locks and laid them in a side parting.
The Duchess really shone, and it did not go unnoticed.
When the British comedian Alan Carr (45) greeted the duke couple when they arrived at the festivities, he could not help himself, according to Sky News.
– You look absolutely fantastic, he exclaimed to Duchess Kate, before addressing Prince William:
– Sir, you probably have no idea who I am, but I do not check up on your wife, he assured.
The duke couple could mark a full ten years as spouses earlier this year, but the flirtatious comedian is also well married.
Since 2018, he has been married to party planner Paul Drayton (46). However, the couple has been together for more than ten years.
The British duke couple seemed to enjoy the event, and have since shared several photos on their joint Instagram account from the evening.
– Fairytale Princess
Also earlier this fall Kate was praised for her choice of dress.
Last month, the stage was finally set for Prince Williams’ major project: the Earthshot Awards. On that occasion flocked a number of celebrities to the green carpet.
The event was launched around New Year in 2020, and will be held annually for the next ten years. Each year, five winners are awarded NOK 11.6 million for solutions that make a significant difference to the environment.
The Duchess arrived in a purple dress from Alexander McQueen, according to The Huffington Post. She wore the dress for the first time in 2011.
See and Hear royal house expert Caroline Vagle did not hide her enthusiasm for the Duchess’ outfit.
– Duchess Kate looked like a fairytale princess in this glittering Alexander McQueen dress! she exclaimed.
– I think she is absolutely the best in the gala – and in casual clothes. We first saw her wear this dress ten years ago, and that was an important point this time, she continued.
Vagle further said that the duchess, together with her husband, was in front of the climate award ceremony Earthshot, where they asked the guests to come in outfits they already had in the wardrobe.
– Reuse is important in the environmental fight, and the couple wants to be good role models in that way, Vagle continued.