The SWIFT payment system denies the use of ripple
Interbank payment network SWIFT says it will not cooperate with the xRapid ripple solution, reports Finance Magnates. According to rumors, an update of the SWIFT network should make Ripple's transfer products available to thousands of banking customers.
The SWIFT interbank payment system has been criticized for its slowness and cumbersome approach. That's why SWIFT is planning the GPI (Global Payments Innovation) upgrade. SWIFT, however, denied the rumors of ripple.
The GPI update, scheduled for 18 November, apparently uses other approaches to modernize the banking network, which, according to Harry Newman, head of banking at SWIFT, is a 1998 model.
The XRP cryptocurrency, used in some of Ripple's payment systems, was able to overcome stagnation and recorded significant gains this week. For a short time, XRP even exceeded Ethereum (ETH) as the second cryptocurrency by market capitalization.
Malaysia establishes Blockchain University Exam System
- The Malaysian Ministry of Education has founded a university consortium that uses blockchain to combat university scams, the ministry said in a tweet.
- The system is designed to release and verify the authenticity of university qualifications.
- The idea of the consortium was proposed by the Ministry to preserve the reputation and integrity of the universities of Malaysia, protect the rights of students and promote technology Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT).
Built by Amazon and ConsenSys Kaleido launches on the market
- Block-in-Software-as-a-Service (SAS) Project Kaleido has created a marketplace to provide its users with a "complete business platform".
- The offer includes oracle services, wallet and ID, supply chain tools and even software for legal contracts.
- Kaleido also launches a partnership program integrated into the marketplace, inviting third-party developers to "join the ecosystem" by promoting their offers on the Kaleido market and incorporating Kaleido into their blockchain solutions.
Messages from 09.11.
Messages from 08.11.
Messages from 07.11.
Messages from 06.11.
Messages from 05.11.
Other Blockchain topics can be found here.
Further news from the DWN Tech Report are available here.