How do you know if you have WhatsApp updated with the latest version in Android? The popular instant messaging app for smartphones it is releasing new versions throughout the months. Many of them only have minor bug fixes or bugs, but there are others that implement new functions. That is why it is important to keep it up to date.
Every time you hear your friends or family talk about the news that WhatsApp has just implemented, but when you check your cell phone, you still can’t find them. One of the first things you have do is this verification to see if you have the latest version or have to update the application.
How to know if you have WhatsApp updated
- Paso 1: To know if you have WhatsApp updated with the latest version, first you have to see the current version you have. To do this, click on the three-dot button that appears in the upper right part of Android and click on the section Settings.
- Paso 2: Once you are in the WhatsApp settings, you have to click on the section of Help that will appear almost at the bottom.
- Paso 3: you will enter a screen where you will be able to see several options, here, you have to click on the button Application info that you will see at the bottom.
On this screen you can see information about the current version of WhatsApp. You have to write down the number that appears next to the word Version, just below where it says WhatsApp Messenger. That number is the version of the application that you currently have installed on your cell phone.
Finally, you only have to enter the website of www.whatsapp.com/android, where you can know the latest version of the application that has been released by Facebook. If the number you have in the app is lower, it is because you still do not have the latest version, so you will have to update or wait for an update to arrive with it.
The best 7 WhatsApp tricks
1. Hands-free voice notes: By simply pressing and holding the microphone icon and sliding upwards, you can lock the voice memo function to record, without having to hold the mobile with your hands. An option that surprisingly works!
2. Mark main messages: To obtain this option you must use the “star” message function, where you will mark key messages that you will easily see in a central location. All you have to do is press the message that you want to save as a favorite and then touch the “star” icon.
If your device is an iPhone, you can find all Starred Messages by going to Settings and Starred Messages or by selecting the chat name and tapping “Starred Messages”. In the case of Android users, they will have to press “More options” and then “Starred messages”.
3. Check messages without touching the cell phone: If you want to be able to check WhatsApp without having to use your mobile device, what you have to do is download the WhatsApp web desktop app, which will project your conversations from your cell phone to a computer. So you can send messages, photos and GIFs without having to have your equipment in your hands.
4. Use stickers in conversations: Emojis are becoming a thing of the past, today stickers offer you a more fun way to express yourself. You can find them in the field where the text is entered in a conversation, in a small square icon with a folded side page, where you can also add your own stickers and bitmojis.
5. Read messages without being online: The option to hide the “Read receipts” is not the best option if you want the other person not to realize that you have read their message. That is why slightly lifting the message on the screen and opening the full text on the iphone lock screen is your best option to go unnoticed.
What is Discord and what is it for?
MORE ABOUT WHATSAPP