Oil is expensive, Thanakorn clarified because the world market price has moved higher. Point out that Thailand is not selling the most expensive in the world. compared to Cambodia and Singapore.
Progress on high oil prices On October 6, 64, Mr. Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana, a spokesman for the Prime Minister’s Office, revealed that the global oil price situation is likely to rise. This is due to the increasing global demand for energy after the global vaccination against the COVID-19 virus. continued to increase including the economy starting to recover As a result, global oil demand began to increase. including the weakening baht Thus affecting the retail price of oil in the country that has increased.
General Prayut Chan-o-cha, Prime Minister and Minister of Defense are concerned about this therefore ordered to closely monitor the energy price situation. by the Energy Policy Executive Committee There are measures to mitigate the effects of rising high speed diesel fuel as follows:
- Reduce the collection of money into the fuel fund in the part of B7 from 1 baht to only 1 satang, resulting in B7 priced at 30.29 baht / liter, which this measure began to operate from October 5, 2021 onwards.
- Reduce the proportion of biodiesel in high speed diesel Originally, there were 3 proportions of the mixture, namely 7% (B7), 10% (B10) and 20% (B20), to 2 ratios, namely 6% (B6) and 20%, along with Agreed that the marketing value of ordinary high speed diesel B6 is 1.40 baht per liter for reference in overseeing the appropriateness of the retail price. This will result in the price of diesel B6 will be priced around 28.29 baht / liter during the period between 11-31 October 2021.
And in the meantime, the situation will be closely assessed and measures will be taken in the next phase, all of which represent approximately 3,000 million baht of compensation under this measure, which at present the fund’s status is at 11 billion baht, still sufficient to will bring help In addition, in the past, the Fuel Fund has been used To compensate for the retail price of LPG for a 15 kg tank, it is 318 baht per tank (excluding transportation costs) until December 31, 2021.
A spokesman for the Prime Minister’s Office continued that the selling price of oil in each country depends on the policy of that country. Each country has tax measures. system for collecting funds into funds or subsidizing different energy prices The price in front of the refinery, the baht, in fact, the current oil price is not higher than the previous government according to Mr. Pichai Naripthaphan, deputy leader of the Pheu Thai Party. came out to comment on the excise tax in the government before But the changing context is already different for the country’s administration.
The government has measures to help in many ways. and must have fiscal and financial management to be appropriate for the situation as well The reference gasoline price as of October 4, 2021 is sold in Thailand at 31.15 baht/liter, Cambodia at 37.22 baht/liter, and Singapore at 63.79 baht/liter. The reference diesel price as of October 4 is also sold in Thailand at 28.29 baht/liter, Cambodia at 30.19 baht. /liter and Singapore 51.87 baht/liter
Read related news.
– Oil up, good! The Prime Minister aims to use the oil fund if diesel is higher than 30 baht / liter, recommends adding some B10
– The poisoning of covids dragged the 8-month oil consumption to a 4.4% drop, but the world price jumped, pushing Thailand to pay more than a hundred billion.
– Crude oil prices soar, OPEC maintains its resolution to produce 400,000 barrels per day of oil in November