Players can relive Michael Jordan’s greatest moments from his days as a collegiate sensation, his early playoff struggles, and his most iconic performances in the Finals
2K today announced new details and features for the Jordan Challenge mode NBA® 2K23 known. The game mode returns for the first time in over a decade and features 15 playable moments from Michael Jordan’s legendary career. The mode lets players relive the legacy from the early days as a college sensation to game winners in the 1998 NBA Finals.
“The Jordan Challenge is an immersive experience unlike anything NBA 2K fans have experienced before. The challenges from 2K11 have been rebuilt from the ground up, with five new moments,” said Erick Boenisch, VP of NBA Development at 2K and Visual Concepts. “Our team really considered everything when developing this game mode. The arenas, the players, the outfits, the broadcasts, and the playstyle of the era were all taken into account to offer fans a truly authentic playable experience set in the 1980s. “
The ‘Jordan Challenge’ introduces iconic NBA moments and in-game innovations including:
• A live recreation of a bygone era, from the 1982 NCAA National Championship to the 1998 NBA Finals. Each challenge includes a pre-game interview with a luminary who played a part in making this game special;
• A full presentation package, including a specially designed video filter system that recreates the TV experience of these games as originally broadcast during the 1980’s and 1990’s to create the look, feel and sound players want *return to the game at that time;
• Major gameplay changes befitting the era, such as a greater emphasis on post and mid-range play for a 1980s feel, along with tighter transition lanes and more players going to the basket for numerical superiority versus spot Oops with three players in today’s NBA;
• More physical modeling on the ground and markers, plus new signature style upgrades for classic greats like Magic Johnson and Larry Bird, with brand new jump shot, layup and dunk packages;
• Hand checks and hard body ups add a different feel to 1v1 matches with precisely illustrated rules reflecting the 1990’s basketball era, like the Detroit Pistons’ “Bad Boys” with their famous “Jordan Rules”. ” and more.
All information about the ‘Jordan Challenge’ can be found in the latest Courtside Report. In the coming weeks, we’ll dive even deeper and unveil even more new features in NBA 2K23.
NBA 2K23 is scheduled for release on September 9th for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC. More information is available on the official website of NBA 2K23..