Tim Draper sticks to his Bitcoin prediction of $ 250,000
The venture capital investor Tim Draper reiterates his expectation that the price of Bitcoin (BTC) will reach $ 250,000 by 2022. During a round table this week at the Web Summit conference, he said:
"We are talking about a five percent market share to reach $ 250,000. […] All we really need to do is to buy coffee from Starbucks, and suddenly the world opens up and then they say, I have this choice: […] Do I want a currency that I can take from one country to another, or do I want a currency that binds me to a country or a geographical area that I can not use elsewhere? "
As for the legal currencies, Draper said: "Why do we even believe in currencies determined by one or another strange political party?"
According to Tim Draper, banks spend money "whenever they feel like it and for whatever reason they want it". The emergence of a "totally apolitical" currency, global and open, would renounce the control of money from banks to ordinary people.
Erik Voorhees: the US debt crisis will lead to a new crypto-boom
- ShapeShift CEO Erik Voorhees said the US rising debt, estimated at $ 21.7 trillion from November, will inevitably lead to a sharp rise in the crypto.
- "When the next global financial crisis arrives and the world realizes that organizations with debts of 20 trillion dollars can never repay them, they must print, and so the fiat money is doomed to failure."
- BlackRock, the world's largest wealth manager with over $ 6.317 billion in assets under management, is the youngest financial institution to raise concerns about the US's rapidly growing national debt.
BaFin has banned the activities of the British cryptocurrency company
- According to the notice published Friday, the German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) ordered the partial cessation of the activities of the British cryptographic company Finatex.
- Finatex Ltd. is responsible for terminating proprietary cross-border trading on its Crypto-Capitals trading platform "without delay".
- In a brief description of the Company's activities, the Financial Regulator noted that Crypto-Capital offers "Options, contracts for differences (CFDs) on shares, indices, currencies and commodities".
Bitfinex crypto-exchange users wait weeks for payments in dollars
- Three weeks after making sure everything went well, some customers of the cryptocurrency exchange, Bitfinex, wonder why they still can not withdraw their money.
- Users still say they have not received their money despite the long wait.
- CoinDesk spoke with seven other Bitfinex customers who waited several weeks to receive false withdrawals or to cancel or cancel their withdrawals.
The growing number of cryptographic companies operates from Belarus
- A number of cryptocurrency companies are now in Hi-Tech Park, in Belarus, after the Minsk government has legalized cryptographic activities for its residents.
- The document legalizes activities such as the exchange of digital resources, Crowdfunding through initial coin transactions (ICO) and cryptocurrency mining for entities registered in the HTP.
- In order to increase the number of HTP inhabitants, more clarity is needed on the current legislation.
The Canadian hut Bitcoin-Miner 8 recorded a loss in the third quarter
- Hut 8 Mining Corp., a Canadian mining company of Bitcoin, released its third quarter earnings report, which shows a net loss of $ 8.7 million due to higher depreciation charges.
- Depreciation and amortization increased to $ 13.3 million, higher than the $ 6.7 million gain from the mining sector.
- This summer, a record heat wave in the province has led to an increase in electricity costs over certain periods of time.
The founder of EtherDelta pays $ 388,000 to SEC
- The US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) announced Thursday that it had filed a complaint against the founder of EtherDelta, Zachary Coburn.
- EtherDelta is a platform for the secondary market with block-based tokens.
- EtherDelta should have been aware of these conditions, as the SEC published its DAO 2017 report outlining the requirements for platform operators.
Messages from 09.11.
Messages from 08.11.
Messages from 07.11.
Messages from 06.11.
Other crypto topics can be found here.
Further news from the DWN Tech Report are available here.