The Melbourne teenager "struck" for the story invented for the second time, police said

0
19

On the stairs of the Parliament of Victoria in August, a devastated Frank D’Abaco reacted to tears.

He told this journalist that his teenage son Jayden, 19, was savagely beaten by young Africans. The details were disturbing.

He said the group had attacked his boyfriend after persecuting him. He said one cut the front of the Werribee teenager with a glass fragment while others kicked, punched and choked him on a night out on August 24th.

"They hit me twice and that's all I remember, I think I was kicked in the ribs of something. I fractured my nose," Jayden told 9News at the time.

Jayden, who has the autism, remained with a fractured eye socket and cuts and bruises, but, more significantly, he was left with mental scars from the second attack of its kind in two years, he said.

"So this Saturday night, he completely destroyed the boy. No one will ever know what they did to him mentally, "D’Abaco told news.com.au.

But in a strange turn, the police who originally told reporters that they were looking for "eight young people" of "African appearance" now say that Jayden may have invented the story.

Nearly a month after Jayden returned home telling his family he was beaten, a Victoria police spokeswoman said the teenager would probably be charged.

"A 19-year-old man should be charged with appearing for presenting a false report," he said.

"Victoria Police provided adequate support and references to the parties involved."

Jayden's mother told the Herald Sun she he doesn't know what to do with the twist in history.

"I am baffled by everything because he was clearly beaten," he said. "We still have to get to the bottom."

Investigators were looking for answers to what happened after Jayden started walking at the Mynt Lounge nightclub in Werribee around 10.30pm on August 24th.

Jayden initially told the police that he was meeting friends after a soccer game when the group started following him.

He said he saw the group watching him and, when he started walking faster, they ran towards him.

"He won't leave his room. He hasn't left his room since Sunday. He won't talk. He won't do anything," D’Abaco told news.com.au.

"It happened to him twice and it's broken."

Jayden was attacked by a group of young Africans on a bus in 2017. The CCTV cameras captured the accident.

On August 28th, Mr. D’Abaco sat on the steps of the parliament building from 8 am and waited for the opportunity to speak directly with Prime Minister Daniel Andrews about a problem the Victorian leader is ignoring.

"This guy doesn't care," he said, pointing to the parliament building.

"When I speak, I speak on behalf of my family and all the Victorians. This is not about me. This affects us all. Your son, daughter, anyone.

"Every day of the week, Dan Andrews will tell you that the crime rate is falling. But the seriousness of the crime is sky-high and it will not deal with it. He doesn't want to know. "

He claimed to be "disgusted" by the way Andrews put the issue of youth crime on the shelf.

"I'm disgusted. He showed me no respect. He showed no respect for the Victorians."

Mr. D’Abaco said that Jayden could not understand why he was attacked twice.

"Jayden simply says," Why me? "…" Why twice? "," Mr D’Abaco told news.com.au.

"He does not understand. He is 19 years old, he is autistic. They destroyed him once, they destroyed him twice."

Andrews last year pledged to tackle youth crime in Victoria and work closely with the African community in relation to episodes of violence committed by young Africans.

.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.