The murder of Olivia (9) in Great Britain

SUNSHINE: Olivia is described as a curious ray of sunshine by family and others who knew her.

Nine-year-old Olivia became an accidental victim when two men burst into the family’s house.


Updated yesterday 22:54

Friday evening reports Sky News that a new man has been arrested by armed police, suspected of murdering Olivia Pratt-Korbel. A 36-year-old man has already been arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder.

It was late on Monday evening this week that mother Cheryl Korbel (46) opened the door to their home in Dovecot in Liverpool to investigate the commotion outside, writes BBC. Then two men rushed in.

Olivia Pratt-Korbel (9) was shot in the chest and died of her injuries at Alder Hey Children’s Hospital. The mother was shot in the wrist when she tried to close the door and was admitted to another hospital. She has now been discharged.

The police believe that 35-year-old Joseph Nee was the target of the shots. He was chased by a gunman wearing a Finnish cap when both ended up outside the Korbel family’s house.

The men were completely unknown to the family from before.

1 / 2

SCENE: Crime scene investigators from the police examine the Korbel family’s home on Wednesday.

Shakes Britain

According to Sky News, Olivia was hit in the chest by the same shot that hit her mother in the wrist. The perpetrator then fired two more shots at the man he was chasing and then fled the scene.

The murder shakes Britain. The family describes the girl as a unique, talkative and curious little girl.

– As a family, we are devastated and have lost a large part of our lives, says a statement from the family.

Olivia’s teacher at St Margaret Mary’s Catholic Junior School in Huyton, Rebecca Wilkinson, describes the girl as a little ray of sunshine.

Oliva Pratt-Korbel was killed when two unknown men stormed into the family’s home on Monday this week.

Prior to the arrest, the police went hard against the perpetrator, who was still at large, according to the report BBC.

– I struggle to find the words to describe the person and what he has done, said Chief Constable Mark Kameen of Merseyside Police on Thursday.

– We will not rest until we find you. And we’re going to find you, Kameen said.

The police had then received a number of tips. He also urged people in the criminal circles to examine their own conscience.

– I am incredibly grateful for the amount of information we have received so far, Kameen said.

Unknown identity

The injured man, Joseph Nee, was convicted of burglary in 2018 and was to serve three years and nine months. When he is released from the hospital, he will be placed back in jail for violating conditions, according to police.

A third man was also at the scene and is said to have fled from the perpetrator together with Nee. According to the police, the man has been questioned.

Nee was taken to hospital with gunshot wounds by two people in a black Audi. The two have also been questioned.

FOOTBALL HEROES: The football community in Liverpool has shown its support after the murder. Ambassador for Liverpool FC, Ian Rush (right), and ambassador for Everton FC, Ian Snodin (left), visited the scene on Friday and laid flowers.
See also  "Great interest in trade with China"

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.