Today, Ubisoft has announced that the versions for PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X | S for Rainbow Six® Siege will arrive on December 1. Players will be able to enjoy the title with a resolution of 4K or a speed of up to 120 FPS, depending on the mode they choose (resolution or performance), among many other improvements. Users will be able to update their version of the game on the same device family at no additional cost *. This release, which comes more than five years after the initial release of Rainbow Six Siege, marks a historic step in continued support for the title.
Current PlayStation®4 and Xbox One players will be able to maintain their progress and update the game at no additional cost on the same device family. Cross-generational play within the same family will also be available, allowing PlayStation®5 players to face off against PlayStation®4 players, and Xbox One players against Xbox Series X | S. At the moment it is not possible to cross-play between different families of consoles or between PC and console users.
Players on next-gen platforms will be able to enjoy Rainbow Six Siege with the greatest graphical enhancements the game has ever offered. Thanks to them there are multiple options that will allow to prioritize performance or resolution, provided that the players have a compatible system:
- Resolución 4K (PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X) / 1080p (Xbox Series S).
- 120 FPS speed (PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X).
wireless controller features for more immersion (PlayStation®5).
- Immediate access to the most popular game modes directly from the start menu, through the Activities function (PlayStation®5).
The following features will also be implemented to enhance the next-gen experience across all platforms:
- Accessibility improvements (with options to make it easier to read, and to switch from text to speech and from speech to text).
- Quick start (optimized login, and simplified introduction sequence).
- Ubisoft Connect interface.
This new generation of hardware is packed with state-of-the-art technology and features, and Rainbow Six Siege will continue to improve to take advantage of all the opportunities these new platforms offer.